One of my graphite portraits

I Create

This was a hard one to do because of the hair. Our DGS (one of them) is half black and I did his portrait when he was 2 or 3, but he didn't have a lot of hair showing. This was a Puerto Rican black man and the only picture i had to draw it from was a tiny tattered photo of when he was in the service. This was the only picture the daughter had of her father. I wasn't quite finished with it here.

post-23943-135897420768_thumb.jpg

Thank you, Carla. This is a "God thing". I had never drawn or painted a thing in my life until the summer of 2000, in my early 50's. I had a strong desire to do it all of a sudden and it was my prayer the the Lord would show me how. I still have much to learn, and have gone back to crocheting more than drawing/painting the past year. But little by little I'm getting back to it.

Bonnie, it's lovely. I, too, think the daughter will cherish it.

It is interesting how we balance the different artistic endeavors. I don't draw much when I'm crocheting more, and don't feel drawn to crochet in those times when I'm drawing more. Maybe that will change, but it's been that way.

Archived