Hobby Lobby thread supply

agmom

Was in one of the Hobby Lobbys in Austin on Mon. I went specifically to buy some #10 thread. When I finally found it, it was on an end cap and it only took up about half of that space. When I checked out I remarked to the cashier that they sure didn't have much selection and she said they had reduced the amount of inventory they were going to carry. Has anybody else run into this? It really made me mad because I have to drive 50 mi to go to Hobby Lobby - would have been better off ordering it online.

Charlotte

A lot of the HL are downsizing their yarn area. as well as Walmart and some Michael's. If you don't want to drive the 50 miles, go online to http://www.craftsetc.com (it's HL's website). They have a big selection of yarns and threads. Free shipping for orders of $25 or more. I live and work about 3 miles from a couple of HL's and couldn't find enough yarn to make an afghan, so I ordered from their site.:crocheting

Last week I was at HL in Medina, OH and found the same thing - thread only on the end cap and not much of it. I have two HL's in my area, but both take about 45 minutes to get too - I will be ordering from craftsetc.com - more selection and the free shipping.

Same here. One wire shelf on the end of the aisle, half of what is offered is nylon. I told the woman working in the department how large the thread selection used to be. She was very surprised. They stopped carrying the really large balls.

The Walmart here has stopped carrying DMC altogether.

The Michaels has diminished the thread offerings, too.

Haven't been to JoAnns in a while, but last time I was there, it was a smaller offering than it had been previously.

They are all just sending business to the online thread suppliers.

Archived