Dollar store discovery

Check out the Dollar Tree in your area.

Yesterday, during a fruitless search for inexpensive scrapbook papers to start learning iris folding, I stumbled on to a cart of unshelved new yarns and picked up four skeins of Caron Bliss in a gorgeous periwinkle shade at -- of course -- a dollar a skein. There were other yarns, but that luscious yarn leaped out of the cart at me. I don't know what I'll do with it, except maybe yet another ruffled scarf. Or, maybe I'll finally break in the jumbo knitting needles I bought recently and try to revive my long-lost knitting skills with a standard long, skinny scarf.

lately all my dollar tree has carried is Fun Fur though last summer I managed to walk out with almost 20 balls of LB Incredible at a $1 each, it was wonderful

I picked up fun fur over the Christmas season, but nothing has been there since. I asked the manager about it and she said they never know what will come in or when. Also she said it is not a usual thing to get shipments of any yarns.

You hit it lucky !!!!! Congrats.

Our Dollar Tree almost always has yarn, but it's usually either Lion Brand Fun Fur or Lion Brand Incredible. I bought 18 rolls of the Incredible (9 in blues and 9 in Autumn Leaves) about a year and a half ago and am just now getting around to making a shrug out of the Autumn Leaves. I wish they would carry regular knitting worsted weight yarn, but it doesn't look like it ever happens. And the Fun Fur is always so messed around with that it's in a huge, furry tangle in the bin, so I've never bothered to buy any of that from them. If I ever get there and the shipment has just been put out and peoples' kids haven't gotten to it yet I'll probably pick up a few skeins to use for amigurumi, but other than that, I don't usually buy eyelash yarns any more. They're too difficult to work with.

Re fun fur: I think it's fading away -- finally! The Caron Bliss I bought is not exactly fun fur -- it's much more substantial.

And, yes, you do have to get there as soon as they put it out -- the good stuff flies off the shelf. It's all luck.

Archived