Some good clean fun?!

I love, love, love that shirt, Shannon!!!!!

Vicki, I will be ready for a sock CAL in about a month. I have too many stuffs going on right now to be able to have fun with socks. :( Maybe once the weather warms up a little would be better, then we can have something "little" to work on?

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much here. Playin' hookey (sp?) from Walmart. I'm going to regret it when I have to go in the morning! Oh well.

How are you today? Are you getting snow?

DH is on a business trip till late tomorrow night. My other 3 had playdates... 4 kids. 1 is my favorite "spare kid"... she is staying over:lol

we just finished dinner: soup and grilled cheese. I am going to make some cupcakes for desert in a bit, and then I have a project I need to work on for someone.

Lucky girl! That's more than we got the other day.

Which reminds me. It snowed all day the day before we got to play in the snow. It just wouldn't stick. But we had puddles in our driveway. DD saw them and said, "I go play in snowpuddles?" I said, "Did you just say snowpuddles?" and she said, "Rainpuddles?" I said, "No, snowpuddles is perfect!" How cute and smart is that?

She is funny. And she's really enjoyed watching the Olympics, especially curling! I should send her up to Colleen for some lessons.

:hi besties!

I'd have to defer the lessons to my mom and dad, but I'd be happy to have her anytime. What a hoot that would be. Snowpuddles, I love it!

LeaAnne - Sounds like you are having fun with the kids and their friends. What kinda cupcakes are you making?

We just finished our pancakes. It's pancake Tuesday here. Yum!

Paczka is a Polish donut I think. :think

Yeah, I'm sure she and your DD would have so much fun together!

Maybe paczka is like what we call beignets?:shrug We'll have to find out from Stacy.

How was work today?

I worked this morning and that was fun. I'm sure if I worked 40 hrs a week it wouldn't be fun, but a couple hours here and there is great! It looks like I'll be working 2 mornings a week for the next 3 weeks or so. :clap I made a deal with my DH that I could use $25-30 to buy yarn for a flannelghan :yay:clap That was after he told me that his snowmobile needs a $450 fix it job. :faint Um, let's see, you spend $450 on your hobby, I can have $30 for mine. :yes I better get busy using up some of my stash so that I can buy it guilt free.

Beth - your squares are so pretty! I love those colours. Some great feedback here and I'm sure she'll love whatever you decide. Beautiful work!

Stacy - Hooray for getting up and getting out and away from the terror. I have a suggestion for an outing. I'm sure there is someplace in LA that sells Pazcka :yes Take the girlies for a good ole Midwestern treat.

That's how I feel too. DH has some expensive hobbies, so I don't worry too much about my yarn stash! We all have to have a weakness, don't we?

I need to go for a little while too. Sorry Colleen. Can you come back a little later? Pepper is yapping to get out of her cage, and she needs a bath. I better go get that done before she has a heart attack!

Hi Colleen and LeaAnne !

Just read through the posts!

had a long day at work- In at 7 and didn't leave till 5:30-whew! It "snowed" all day, but nothing stuck to the streets- it was wierd, but I'm not complaining.

And to all who asked, my back feels sooo much better!!!

:hi Joanne! Glad your back is feeling better. We had flurries today, but nothing much. We actually have grass peaking out around the edge of the lawns. It's just mother nature getting us all excited that spring is coming and then we'll get a whallup of a storm :lol

I was laughing at your post- about how DH needs 450 to fix his snowmobile, and you want 25-30 for yarn for a flannelgan! Mmmmm---I think you can buy that yarn guilt-free---

I would love to work a couple mornings a week- I think that is the perfect thing-I would love to not work 40+ hours every week! ...Heck, 40 hours /wk sounds pretty good- since it's been months since I've only worked a 40 hr week:lol

LeaAnne's dinner idea of grilled cheese and soup sounds like a good idea. That or tuna fish sandwich and soup- I just realized it's 7PM and was wondering why my stomach was starting to growl.

I think I'm going to go get something to eat. DH was hungry around 5:30 and had some of the leftover beef stew for his dinner. I'm stewed out since I took some for lunch yesterday.

Archived