Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good night, Mary!

Yes, Leanne, that makes perfect sense. It's kind of the problem I have with Mia being in the PM class- she goes from 11-1:30, and they are usually my most productive hours. About 45 minutes of that is taking her to/from school, and by the time I get home, there is enough time for lunch and maybe running the dishwasher or one load of laundry. I usually try to do my running on those days, rather than wasting the gas to come home. :blush

Ghans for hospice sounds really neat.

And yes, I understand what you were saying about your most productive home time is when the kids are in school and now that you are working it is during those productive hours

Bob Costas is talking now!

Ok, good night!

Hospice is wonderful. :yes They helped immensely in my grandma's final months. (My paternal grandma, that is.) I wish I could :crocheting fast enough to make a couple 'ghans. I've been thinking of preemie ghans or something, but I don't know of any hospitals around here that accept handmade things.

Oh, there is a women's shelter nearby. I should look into that. I used to work at one when I lived in MI, so that holds a special place in my heart, also. :manyheart

That could work! then you could do things for the moms, and little toys or blankies for the children :yes

Shelters for battered women hold a special place in my heart, too.

I wish I could :crocheting fast enough to do for everyone that I would like, you know?

The toys are also a good idea. I know I could make plenty of those. I used to work with the children's support groups, actually. :D I do know what you mean. I have been thinking of charity :crocheting for some time now and this just seems like a good time to start. Maybe after Lent, I will try to do something for a different charity each month?? Every little bit counts, I think.

I think I will take a portion of my stash, and dedicate it to charity projects. Did you see that there is a charity blitz CAL that will be starting on Thursday? They usually have some really neat ideas in those, and they are very motivating to participate in.

The toys are also a good idea. I know I could make plenty of those. I used to work with the children's support groups, actually. :D I do know what you mean. I have been thinking of charity :crocheting for some time now and this just seems like a good time to start. Maybe after Lent, I will try to do something for a different charity each month?? Every little bit counts, I think.

I agree... better a little than none at all!

You used to work with a women's shelter and childrens support? that's very special and rewarding work, yes? did you take it home with you? I would

That's a good idea. Mine isn't big enough to designate a portion of it for any one thing. :lol

I have looked at the charity blitz in the past but they all seem to make so much stuff!! :blush

you shouldn't get intimidated... those girls who do it every month are actually pretty supportive. and like you said... a little is better than none!

i did a few of them. I couldn't contribute much, but it felt good to be part of a good effort. some months are a lot, some not so much. Maybe you can :lurk over there and see

It was very rewarding, and yes, I did take it home sometimes. Thankfully I didn't have a family at the time. Some of it was heavy, but kids are so resilient. :manyheart

thank God, they are resilient! I agree with you...

Are you feeling better than you were when you got home? I was just thinking of that rascal running away... I can't even imagine one of mine having the nerve to try! What did Roomie do about it?

Maybe I will :lurk.

I got to sit in on some women's counseling but mostly it was children's support. I was going to college for social work at the time but I am kind of glad I decided not to go down that road. :blush No way could I do that full-time and not be affected by it.

Maybe I will :lurk.

I got to sit in on some women's counseling but mostly it was children's support. I was going to college for social work at the time but I am kind of glad I decided not to go down that road. :blush No way could I do that full-time and not be affected by it.

It takes someone incredibly special to be able to compassionately do that kind of work and NOT bring it home... I don't know how they do it, honestly. :nworthy

I am feeling better, thanks. That little monster ran away because she was mad that the other kids got to go on a treasure hunt while she was swinging. When Roomie found her, the Terror played all sad and said she was just trying to find everyone. So she didn't get into any trouble. :rolleyes:bang

I saw one post from her saying there was a lot of bad going on. But I didn't read anything else. I haven't read through anything since I've been home, I'll have to go back and look.

Archived