Some good clean fun?!

Torrential threes? My Mia went through them- actually, she's perpetually a handful. :lolEva is starting to talk back and get her own little attitude, too. Your quote at the bottom of your siggie is certainly true. :yes

He's been in those since he learned to talk... he's got verbal diarrhea, the only time he's quiet is when he's doing something he's not supposed to or is asleep. We won't go into the talking back. He's really bad at that. LOL yeah I'm finding out I don't have as much patience as I thought (either that or he's gotten really good at pushing my buttons)

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rofl I plan to get started on it in August- that's usually when I start my Christmas projects. :hook:hook

Sarah, I just checked Ravelry...are you planning to make a granny ripple? I am dying to make one!! I saved the pattern...if you'd like to have our own little CAL. :devil

Sarah is solaceinmusic and she's in your friends- I forgot she was in my friends too- as were you!

I've been spending more time on Ravelry- lots of very neat patterns/projects/ideas- and I love the pictures!!!

LOL don't look at my favorites list on Ravelry (but you can see all my projects except the ones that are in storage that I don't have pics of)

Plus I found a group on there I like so I spend a lot of time on there =0)

:rofl I plan to get started on it in August- that's usually when I start my Christmas projects. :hook:hook

Sarah, I just checked Ravelry...are you planning to make a granny ripple? I am dying to make one!! I saved the pattern...if you'd like to have our own little CAL. :devil

Not anytime soon. Want to finish the afghans I have started before I start any more afghans/throws. Small project are another thing. LOL

I think the main difference is that gels are supposed to be easier on your real nails- I had acrylics and then I had gels- acrylics you can soak off- the gels you soak and then they get filed off. I'm glad to have my own nails back! If I have a special occasion I'll get a manicure!

I don't normally get them but I still have to use that gift certificate Roomie gave me during Christmas. I can't put my contacts in if I get acrylics, either. Ouch!

Oh, you should do a granny stripe- it's so cool- but the granny ripple is really striking too!!! My DD has already told me she loves the granny stripe ghan! (she is going to get it for Christmas, but I'll keep her guessing about who is getting it! She asked again last Sunday when she was here ....:lol

I don't normally get them but I still have to use that gift certificate Roomie gave me during Christmas. I can't put my contacts in if I get acrylics, either. Ouch!

Yes, acrylic nails do get in the way- I had a hard time putting on necklaces -now I can without any help!!! Can you use the gift certificate for any other service--such as pedicure?

Oh, you should do a granny stripe- it's so cool- but the granny ripple is really striking too!!! My DD has already told me she loves the granny stripe ghan! (she is going to get it for Christmas, but I'll keep her guessing about who is getting it! She asked again last Sunday when she was here ....:lol

I don't know if it would hold my attention, going back and forth the whole time. :blush I've had terrible crochet ADD lately. I've always wanted to try a granny ripple, though. Too funny that your dd keeps asking about the 'ghan! She will be so surprised on Christmas. Who did you tell her it was for?

The certificate is for a spa manicure and pedicure. Over here, though, we have to specifically request acrylics if we want them- other wise you just get the soak/file/paint.

I haven't really given Ravelry much of a chance- it is kind of overwhelming, all the things you can do there. :lol Everyone I know loves it though.

I haven't really given Ravelry much of a chance- it is kind of overwhelming, all the things you can do there. :lol Everyone I know loves it though.

I didn't either until the other group I spent a lot of time on here in went bye bye and I needed to find another group that was active all day long (need it to keep my sanity what with being home alone w/ Keith all day and not getting out much)

I don't know if it would hold my attention, going back and forth the whole time. :blush I've had terrible crochet ADD lately. I've always wanted to try a granny ripple, though. Too funny that your dd keeps asking about the 'ghan! She will be so surprised on Christmas. Who did you tell her it was for?

The certificate is for a spa manicure and pedicure. Over here, though, we have to specifically request acrylics if we want them- other wise you just get the soak/file/paint.

That's what I like about it- I don't have to think- I can watch tv and just keep hooking away- and every 2 rows you have to change colors!

I think I shy away from things that I need to follow a pattern too closely because I have to concentrate all day at work so that at night I want mindless- does that make sense?

I didn't tell her- I told her I may just keep it for myself- but that maybe I could make another one- She wants to start making handmade soap and wants me to make washcloths to go with the soap- not a bad idea- I'll probably make some in the car on the way to NH- easy to transport cotton yarn and easy to work a small project in the car.

I would just get the spa manicure- without the acrylic- and there is nothing like a spa pedicure:manyheart

Ravelry can be overwhelming-and I could get lost over there- but I've found some really good inspiration for projects-

Maybe if I spent less time on the computer, I'd get more crocheting done--considering I only have a few hrs /night during the week!

I could do without the mani, really- the pedi is what I'm really waiting for! :manyheart

What a neat idea for you to make dishcloths to go along with her soaps. That was so cool of her to ask you to be a part of it. Does she sell her stuff online or just locally?

I hear that. :yes Probably the worst part of being a sahm is the lack of adult interaction.

So has the rain let up over there yet?

yeah. Just pop up storms now. And they're funny cause it'll be raining on our trailer but 2 trailers down the sun is shining on them

Stacy- Are you going to be going to school in the fall? I kept meaning to ask you about that.

Sarah- are there any library story hours or anything in your area?

And ladies- adult interaction "out in the working world" isn't all it's cracked up to be:lol:lol:lol

yeah. Just pop up storms now. And they're funny cause it'll be raining on our trailer but 2 trailers down the sun is shining on them

Oh, how weird. :lol

Stacy- Are you going to be going to school in the fall? I kept meaning to ask you about that.

And ladies- adult interaction "out in the working world" isn't all it's cracked up to be:lol:lol:lol

I'm hoping to go in the fall. :D We find out on Friday if we qualify for the childcare. I have my financial aid all squared away and am signed up for 1 class, on standby for 2 more (which I will only take one of them if I get in.) So my fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed that we can get the childcare.

I could do without the mani, really- the pedi is what I'm really waiting for! :manyheart

What a neat idea for you to make dishcloths to go along with her soaps. That was so cool of her to ask you to be a part of it. Does she sell her stuff online or just locally?

she has a few things on Etsy- earrings she made, but she did make soaps a few years ago and wants to do it again- she thought maybe we could sell them at a few farmer's market thingy's in the fall. So I guess I'd better get cracking! And so should she!!! We'll see what happens

She also pointed me to Jersey Cares- and their school supply drive. I went to Target and spent $20.00 and got a TON of things to donate- they have notebooks for 15 cents/crayons for 25 cents/ folders for 10 cents-

Yeah there are but he would rather play with the toys in their kids section. I take him there when the weather is bad to get him out of the house =0)

yeah but when your interaction is limited to "But Mommy, or Mommy, mommy, mommy...." all day ANY adult interaction is fun =0)

Oh, how weird. :lol

I'm hoping to go in the fall. :D We find out on Friday if we qualify for the childcare. I have my financial aid all squared away and am signed up for 1 class, on standby for 2 more (which I will only take one of them if I get in.) So my fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed that we can get the childcare.

I hope that you do- but I've come to realize that everything that happens (either good or bad) happens for a reason- we just don't always know the reason why they happen when they do.

Yeah there are but he would rather play with the toys in their kids section. I take him there when the weather is bad to get him out of the house =0)

yeah but when your interaction is limited to "But Mommy, or Mommy, mommy, mommy...." all day ANY adult interaction is fun =0)

Got you- been there, done that----and then in a blink of an eye- It's BUT MOM......... and then they are adults! LOL

Archived