Some good clean fun?!

75 is not so bad. Yes, we had a hot day on Friday. Probably not 90, but definitely in the low 80s. Today we had rain, but the sun came out late afternoon.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started making a water bottle holder today for DD- she had sent me an email for "crochet inspiration"- It's almost done- I just need to finish the handle- she can wear it across her chest and use it when she is bicycling- I'm using my I Love This Cotton!! and i do Love working with it!

It was hot outside- but in the shade it was ok.

So do you feel like a SAHM now? When is DD finished with school?

The children don't finish here until June 23

Oh, I never thought of that- using it for my Hawaiian project. I'm using the spring ombre- its purple, pink yellow, white, teal aqua- not really hawaiian colors, but close enough??

I have always felt like a SAHM. I just don't stay home :rofl

School ends around the 29th of June I think. DD a couple days earlier because of the alternate days. So, 2 whole months left. That's it! I can't believe how fast her first year of school went.

I think that would be a good Hawaiian project. It's summery. Colours sound like flowers. I think I have a pattern in an old Crochet World for something like that. I don't think I would use it, personally, but many people would.

And as I was busy cleaning this morning- especially the bathrooms- I kept thinking to myself- I need a cleaning lady- I need a cleaning lady- maybe if i tap my shoes together and say it out loud enough- I'll get a cleaning lady!

I think that would be a good Hawaiian project. It's summery. Colours sound like flowers. I think I have a pattern in an old Crochet World for something like that. I don't think I would use it, personally, but many people would.

I wouldn't either-although I would make one without the handles for myself- I use a stainless steel water bottle all the time and it gets kind of cold holding it.

My DD said it would be perfect when walking or riding her bicycle since it frees up your hands!

And as I was busy cleaning this morning- especially the bathrooms- I kept thinking to myself- I need a cleaning lady- I need a cleaning lady- maybe if i tap my shoes together and say it out loud enough- I'll get a cleaning lady!

:rofl You could try that. Are they sparkly red shoes?

She also said she wants a book tote along the same lines and a case for paintbrushes- kind of like a hook case but longer for paintbrushes- she will keep me hookin for a while!

Yes, the coughing seems to be improved. Of course she slept at Grandma and Grandpa's last night, but they say she didn't cough. So far so good tonight. She was so tired at bedtime, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't move all night.

Silver sparkly :think Might work :D Let me know how it turns out for you.

And then in the same breath as she is telling me the things SHE wants, she tells me I should make things and sell them! I told her Mary was not my name! And I had to explain about Mary and how she does all this amazing crocheting and sells at crafts fairs 2X/year....... I also reminded her that she doesn't work full time!!!:lol

Good for you! I would take it as a compliment though that your daughter admires what you make. I don't know, Joanne. You're whipping out those WIPS pretty fast. You're no Mary, but there may be a Joanne category. :lol

I'm glad to hear that she is feeling better!! It's always hard when the little ones are sick.

DH was telling me today that his grandaughter (the one I was with today) may have Diabetes- she is having a fasting blood glucose test Monday- fingers crossed that she doesn't- she is only 7 years old!

Oh that would be tough, diabetes at 7. Poor little girl. I've had that test done (once the regular fasting one and then the version you get done when you are pregnant). Not fun. I don't like fasting. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything turns out okay.

OH, I'm not really whipping them out- not like Mary- but I do pick up the hook nearly every evening- it really helps me unwind after working all day and basically being in charge of all the cleaning here- although DH does pitch in, it's not the same as me....or a cleaning lady! LOL

I get a Fasting test every year- my Dad had diabetes as does my brother. So far so good- and so far none of my children has it either.

My Dad just got identified a little less than a year ago as beginning stages. My grandma has it, his mom, and then his brother got the same results just resently. I have a really hard time avoiding the sugar and really fear that my test will come back that way sooner than later.

Archived