Some good clean fun?!

Yes, totally funked. I think about crochet alot, but there is nothing I want to make right now :( I guess I just need to come across a pattern that I'm excited about. I should make squares or something, just to make something.

That wreath is pretty. I have always wanted to make a wreath.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there you go! Make a wreath with me! I'm not using the flowers she used. I'm using her other two flower patterns. You could make one for your DD's room!

Yeah. Could you send some funk down this way? It's all I want to do lately. All the spring colors have me very excited!!

Okay, I'll crochet away, if you'll come down and "nest" at my house!:lol:lol Then we'd both be happy, and everything would be right with the world!

DD caught the bug! I told her to clean up, and instead she sat on the sofa and is "crohaying".:lol Actually, she's wrapping yarn around her hands...but she's loving it!

LeeAnn - You've already made that hexagon afghan as big as a twin sized bed :eek....:faint OK, now that I've dusted myself off.... I'd think the ends would be uneven and that would be part of it's charm.

DD caught the bug! I told her to clean up, and instead she sat on the sofa and is "crohaying".:lol Actually, she's wrapping yarn around her hands...but she's loving it!

That is so sweet. :manyheart Crohaying. DD was working on her chain last night. She says it's a garland for the Christmas tree.

the pattern for the teacher's ghan is called light and lacy, it's fairly easy and works up super fast. I found the pattern on the label of yarn that wal-mart used to carry, I can't think of the name of the yarn tho.

Using it as garland is a wonderful idea, Colleen! Is she still adding to the one she started with?

LeeAnn, I can't believe your hexagon ghan is that big already!! That's amazing!

How sweet that you dd was crohaying...I love it!:lol I tried teaching my dd but she's a lefty and it's complicated. I don't know what to do. She wants to learn and can get as far as a chain but then she gets frustrated.

LeeAnn - I'm teaching my DD right now. She's mastered the chain and is starting to get the concept sc. We'll try that again soon when she's interested.

Shannon - Yes, she's still on the same chain. It's about 4 feet long. She hasn't touched it in a while (no role model, I guess :lol).

LeaAnne and I both are lefties. It might help if you put her in front of you, which would kinda make it a mirror image. I would ask LeaAnne about it. She might have some other suggestions.

I don't watch daytime TV either, LeeAnn. But sadly I don't crochet during the day. That said, I've been working and volunteering a lot this year. Maybe work will find a replacement before the school year ends and I can have a day or two to "party" :devil:lol

Good idea about the mirror image. I think LeaAnne has taught one or more of her DD's, so she might have some pointers if one of them is right handed.

DD just came up and said, "You want to crohay with me? You want to play with yarn with me?" How cute is that???? Seriously!

Archived