Some good clean fun?!

I've never made a sweater- hats, yes, sweaters no.

I've been working on granny squares- I was going to try and finish it for my godmother but I only have 28 squares done (8inch) and the party is tomorrow. I think I'll give her the 'never ending square ghan" I had made to give to my oldest DD...and then just make another one for her. I know at 80 years old there is nothing she needs, but she'll appreciate something handmade.

I can't wait to see her tomorrow- and see her one daughter who I haven't seen in about 15 years- she lives in Georgia.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back- but I'm fading fast! I did 3 loads of laundry today- and I cleaned the bathrooms- it felt good to clean again after not being able to do anything because of my back. I can't believe I just said it felt good to clean, but it did!

I also put out my St Patrick's day decorations!

I am so happy that it is going to be relatively warm this weekend- the snow is almost gone- hard to believe we had so much just a week ago!

How's the weather in God's Country Mary?

Yep! It's really coming!

Oldest has indoor practice starting in 2 weeks, and the season for the others starts at the end of April... we have drafts coming in the next 2 weeks.

We'll probably leave around 10 or 11- the party is from 2-6- DH doesn't want to stay overnight- he would rather come home tomorrow night and have all day Sunday to just relax.

I was hoping to stay overnight- but that's ok- I'm planning an outing to Trader Joe's on Sunday now!

I know how you feel Mary- I can't wait for spring!!!!

My DD's birthday is Thursday and she texted me tonight that she'd like to go see Alice in Wonderland next Saturday for her birthday- I was actually thinking of suggesting that- Alice was one of her fav characters growing up and for her 5th birthday, I splurged and bought her the Alice in Wonderland dress from Disney (which was about 60 dollars back then and alot of $ to spend- she really wore the dress alot- and still has it packed away- it has moved with her each time she moves!

so, Mary, forgive if I am double asking, but have all of your chickens gone home?

How is DH? ... and how are you?

Youngest DD and GD are still here the rest have gone home.

DH is doing good. All is as good as it can be right now.

so good to see you, Mary! We really have missed you alot!

Thankyou LeaAnne. Iam just not myself lately. I just wish spring would hurry up and get here.

Yes, I know what you mean... I am done with winter. I think I am one of those "sun" dependent people.

Joanne - a trip to Trader Joe's sounds like a fair trade for not sleeping over to me:devil ...so it's a 3 hour drive?

Archived