Tips, Tricks and Secrets

I need a little help here. Do any of you have any tips, tricks or secrets on keeping you work from twisting when you work in rounds? Whenever I try to make a skirt or top down top I have to work it may times just to get the twists out :thair I could really use some ideas on how to stop this please :)

One thing I've learned for working in rounds, especially patterns where the join shows, is to turn every round (as if you were working in rows) that keeps the join pretty much straight. Other-wise I find it "backs up" every round. (There are some patterns that are worked in the round that don't join, and then this doesn't work...or some where the join really doesn't show, and then it doesn't matter...)

If you're talking about the foundation chain twisting? I know of only two ways...use the foundation sc, it's easier to flatten before the join (I basically run my fingers over it, to the end (esp a long foundation row) and then join it) or in some patterns, like a skirt's waist, you can work a row or two before joining, and then again, it's easier to see and keep it straight...and then continue in rounds. HTH

HTH answer your question.

Blessings

It has! Thanks again! I really like this using it too! I like how stretchy it is compared to my regular chain. There are so many things you can do with it, I wish I had learned it long ago, it would have saved me lots of frustration through the years :lol

Archived