YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Hobby Lobby opened about three miles from my home just two weeks ago. I am delighted!!

Their "I Love This Yarn" brand of yarn is SO soft - much softer than Red Heart. I have never heard of it before but I bought about 20 skeins of it to make two afghans. Impulse buying, I know, and I have to find patterns that will fit the yarn instead of the other way around.

I visited last Saturday and again yesterday and noticed the same yarn has gone up from $2.49 a ball to $2.79. Grrrr!

Has anyone used this brand of yarn before? I am wondering who makes it for them.

What other brands of yarn do you like for afghans?

Congratulations! A new Hobby Lobby is a wonderful addition to the neighborhood.

It's a great yarn. The ILTY is a nice yarn to make afghans out of. They also have sport weight ILTY and 100% cotton yarn, along with 100% wool, all made by the same company.

We have had a HL for quite a while now. It moved into the old Venture store and since the little place next door closed down, they expanded their store recently.

They have so many different kinds of crafts there. It's kind of unbelievable. Everything any crafter could want or need.

And be sure to check out their website and the local Sunday newspaper each week. They have some great sales. This week, they have a 40 % off coupon for any regularly priced item. They have this in the paper and on the website about every two weeks.

Enjoy your new store. I love it being right here in town, on the way home from the YMCA. After I work out, I sometimes stop and pick up a few goodies.

One special note. They are CLOSED on Sundays, for the sake of their workers. I really like that in a company.

:manyheart

I Love This Yarn/Cotton is the HL brand of yarn. I absolutely hate that yarn and refuse to buy any more of it. I do give it credit for being soft, but looks horrendous after it has been washed. One very bad experience was enough for me, let alone all the knots, fuzzies, and every single skein I have tried doesn't pull from the center right. I also think that it splits worse than RHSS. But that is just my opinion, as there are many crocheters here that absolutely love it. I hope that you have a much better experience with it than I did and have fun trying it out!!!! Good Luck.

I'm so jealous that you have a Hobby Lobby!!! I buy their brand of yarn online at CraftsEtc.com. I really liked using the I Love This Yarn. Could not stop petting the skein as I was working with it! Yes, I think $2.79 is their regular price but maybe it was a grand opening sale at your store. Another brand of yarn I like for afghans is Bernat Berella 4.

I'm so jealous that you have a Hobby Lobby!!! I buy their brand of yarn online at CraftsEtc.com. I really liked using the I Love This Yarn. Could not stop petting the skein as I was working with it! Yes, I think $2.79 is their regular price but maybe it was a grand opening sale at your store. Another brand of yarn I like for afghans is Bernat Berella 4.

Funny you should mention Bernat Berella 4 as that is my all-time favorite but the store I used to buy it from no longer carries it and the chains like Michaels don't have it. I didn't see it at Hobby Lobby either. Do you know where I can get it from? It's beautiful yarn!

The Michaels by me carried Berella 4 for a short time and I got some when they had it. They don't carry it anymore so if I want more, I'd probably have to order online. With the high prices some places will charge for shipping, I usually just wind up getting another brand which is sad because I really do like the Berella 4. It's not all that much more expensive than the other bargin acrylics, especially on sale, but I think the quality is better.

Congrats on the HL! That is nice. We don't have one close by, but I've always wanted to try their yarn. The Michael's stores here carry Berella 4. It was on clearance quite a while ago so I picked up a boatload, to make an afghan for my daughter. It was wonderful to work with. Now it is back up to $5/skein, so I have not used it since.

I like the ILTY, but I like the Berella 4 better. My Michael's only carries the huge skeins once in a while, like a promotional type thing. Once its gone, its GONE for months. You can get it online at JoAnn's (they don't carry it in their stores, as far as I know). Also I think Herrschnerr's and Mary Maxim have it. Might want to try and catch a 'free shipping' sale and stock up. My HL used to carry it, but I haven't seen it there in a while, so I think they phased it out.

Michael's has had signs up everywhere about their 'new yarn dept' coming in spring...I think I read somewhere that they are supposed to start carrying their own line of yarn...am interested to see what that will be like, and what the price will be.

Archived