Fingering Weight Yarn

Does anybody know of a good fingering weight yarn? I want to make a wrap for myself but the yarn they are calling for is very expensive so I wanted to know what is the best fingering weight yarn?

Bernat has some fingering weight yarn but it's called Bernat Baby Fingering Yarn or something like that. They come in small skeins but there is alot on it.

Bernat is one of my favorite yarns and pretty readily available for me locally so I don't have to order online. I get impatient when I want to start a project and have to wait for an order to arrive.

What kind of fiber were you looking for? And did you want a solid color? Sock yarn is fingering weight (and usually wool/nylon blend)-- I've seen sock yarn at both Joann and Michaels (so you can use a coupon). Knitpicks Palette is a nice 100%wool fingering weight and is about $2 a 50 g ball. I agree with the others that the Bernat baby fingering is a nice acrylic fingering weight. Good luck with your search; I hope you get to make the wrap!

If you don't want acrylic (I agree that Bernat Baby is the best there!) you could also try elann (elann.com)... they have several fingering weight yarns in different fibers, and they are wonderful too!

Archived