Tatting

Zelma-Warrior Grandmother

• 2 weeks later...

I tat. I learned from watching internet videos, but it took about a week and a half of continued watching and trying over and over again to get it. Google up tatting instructions and look for other videos. I found that I need a close up of that flip to get it.

I love to tat, but believe me when I say it is truly a labor of love. I taught myself from an old How-To book of my grandmother's that dated from the 30s. I finally, after at least 8 hours of trying, flipped my first knot. After cursing like a sailor all day, I started turning flips once I finally got it. The thing about tatting for me is that it is all in the FEEL. It is hard to teach someone how to feel flipping knots. Keep trying though, because you will eventually flip your first knot and then wonder what the heck was so hard about it. And once you do flip it, from then on it will be like breathing.

I love to tat,but it took me awhile to figure out how to flip the thread,I would get sooo aggravated :bang and put it away for awhile but I was bound and determined to learn this tatting stuff.Once you get the hang of it you'll think what was the big deal about this its so easy! Just stay with it and keep practicing a lot of beautiful things can be made with tatting.

• 1 month later...

:clapI just started tatting again recently after odering tasty tatting shuttles that are clear / see through

you can go on line and search for tatting dvd's you might learn better by watching those.

My hubby's great Aunt taught me when we were first married.'

I am tatting some simple lace.

Don't give up. you can do it.:yeshugs sheila

Archived