Bernat Boa collar and cuffs

deneen

Question

Has anyone else done this? I haven't sewn the collar on yet, but would appreciate any tips on attaching this to the denim collar. The boa is a real pain to work with, makes boucle seem easy, although the mistakes are very easily hidden (Thank goodness).:loco

Deneen

6 answers to this question

I was just thinking about making some , looked all over for the pattern, thought it was in a mag like in an ad or somewhere. I never did find it but saw the one on lionbrands site. They look really cool. I wanted to make them detachable.I'd love to see them when you're done.

:ohdear I need to quit looking and thinking about more things to make and get to the making:yes :loco

Hi-

I took the pattern right from www.bernat.com. There were several print ads out which showed an adult jacket and said one ball was needed, but on their website, they state one ball is for girls size 8-14. I did a denim jacket in girls 7/7 and I only had a little leftover. The collar and cuffs worked up very quickly, about an hour. Now the tough part will be putting them on correctly (I'm not much of a seamstress). I will post a pic once I've completed them.

Deneen

Oh thanks so much for that I looked everywhere but that's the ones. I see quite a few things on there I like.:ty:hug Uhh oh here we go more projects:blush maybe I'll just write a list instead of starting anymore projects. Thanks again for the website.Can't wait to see the pic. Oh and I'm scared of anything I have to sew:eek2 .

I've sewed on the one cuff so far. It's actually very easy, except that denim is so thick. The weave is very open on the boa, so you can actually hand sew it without much thought to what the stitches look like. I should have it done by tomorrow night and I'll post a pic then.

I see this is an old post but I'm bringing it back.... If you need to move this to pattern search, please do.... I did not know how to do that. Thanks

I am trying to find the crochet pattern for the adult version of this pattern.

I have only seen the knit version and the other one is for a child size, much too small for me.

If anyone has it or knows where it is or even has a pattern of their own, please forward it to me or contact me....I'll buy it. I've searched everywhere online and can not find it and after seeing it on the a c moore store video (online) I'm hooked :hook I must make this.

Thanks All

Cindy

Archived