20" baby doll set

brendaKbrown

I am the only one to have tested this! I am blind, so there is no picture, sorry. Feel free to use this pattern, but PLEASE do not take credit for my work

BABY DOLL SET

DRESS, PANTIES & BOOTIES

Size: Fits 20" doll. This doll has a soft body and plastic head, arms and legs.

Materials: Sport weight yarn, white and variegated; F, G & H crochet hooks; yarn needle; 3 novelty buttons.

Dress

Bodice: Starting at neck edge with white and G hook, ch33.

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across: 32.

Row 2: ch3 (do not count as dc), turn; dc in first sc, 2 dc in nt sc, * dc in nt sc, 2 dc in nt sc; rep from * across: 48.

Row 3: Ch1, turn; sc in each dc across.

Row 4: Ch3, turn; dc in first sc, 2 dc in nt sc, * dc in nt sc, 2 dc in nt sc; rep from * across: 72.

Row 5: Ch1, turn; sc in each sc across.

Row 6: Ch3, turn; dc in first 2 sc, 2 dc in nt sc, * dc in nt 2 sc, 2 dc in nt sc; rep from * across: 96.

Row 7: Ch1, turn; sc in each sc across.

Row 8: Ch3, dc in each sc across.

Row 9: Ch1, turn; sc in each dc across: 56.

Row 10: Ch3, dc in first 12 sc, ch4, sk nt 24 sc, dc in nt 24 sc, ch4, sk nt 24 sc, dc in last 12 sc.

Row 11: Ch1, turn; sc in each dc and ch across.

Row 12: Ch3, turn; dc in each sc across.

Row 13: ch1, turn; sc in each dc across.

Row 14: Ch3, turn; dc in each sc across.

Buttonhole Band:

Row 1: Ch1, working in ends of rows, 2 sc in end of each dc row and sc in end of each sc row across: 22.

Row 2: Ch1, turn; sc in first sc, (ch2, sk nt 2 sc, sc in nt 6 sc) twice, ch2, sk nt 2 sc, sc in each sc across.

Row 3: Ch1, turn; sc in each sc and ch across.

Neck Edging:

Row 1: Working across ends of rows of buttonhole band and in opposite side of starting ch, sc in each row and sc across. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Row 2: Join variegated at bottom edge of buttonhole band; ch1, (sc, ch2, sc) in same st, * sk nt sc, (sc, ch2, sc) in nt sc; rep from * across front of buttonhole band and across neck edge. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Overlap buttonhole band over left edge of bodice. Pin in place. Sew on buttons. Buttonhole band is center front.

Skirt: Join variegated in center back of bodice.

Rnd 1: Ch1, sc in joining and in each st around, working through both thicknesses at center front, join with sl st in first sc. Change to H hook.

Rnd 2: Ch3, dc in joining, 2 dc in each sc around, join with sl st in top of beg ch3: 112.

Rnds 3-17: Ch3, dc in each dc around, join.

Rnd 18: (ruffle) Ch3, 2 dc in joining, (2 dc in nt dc, 3 dc in nt dc) around, join.

Rnd 19: (trim) Join white with sl st in joining; ch1, (sc, ch2, sc) in joining, * sk nt dc, (sc, ch2, sc) in nt dc; rep from * around, join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Sleeves:

Rnd 1: With G hook, join white with sl st in 3rd ch at center bottom of underarm; ch3, dc in nt ch, 2 dc in side of dc, dc in same sc as last dc of armhole, (dc nt 2 sc together, dc in nt sc) 8 times, dc in nt st, 2 dc in side of nt dc, dc in last 2 chs, join with sl st in top of beg ch3: 26.

Rnd 2: Ch1, sc in joining and in each dc around, join with sl st in first sc.

Rnd 3: Ch3, dc in each sc around, join.

Rnds 4 & 5: Ch1, sc in joining and in each st around, join. At end of last rnd, fasten off and weave in ends.

Rnd 6: (trim) Join variegated with sl st in joining; ch1, (sc, ch2, sc) in joining, * sk nt sc, (sc, ch2, sc) in nt sc; rep from * around, join. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Panties:

Front Post Dc (fpdc): Yo, insert hook from front to back to front around post of st indicated, yo and draw lp through, (yo, draw through 2 lps on hook) twice.

Back Post Dc (bpdc): Yo, insert hook from back to front to back around post of st indicated, yo and draw lp through, (yo, draw through 2 lps on hook) twice.

Front and Back: (make 2 alike) Starting at crotch with white and G hook, ch7.

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across: 6.

Row 2: Ch1, turn; sc in each sc across.

Rows 3-13: Ch1, turn; 2 sc in first sc, sc across to last sc, 2 sc in last sc: 28.

Rows 14-23: Ch1, sc in each sc across. At end of last row, fasten off.

Row 24: Ch3, (fpdc around nt sc, bpdc around nt sc) across.

Row 25: Ch3, turn; (fpdc around bpdc, bpdc around fpdc) across. Fasten off. Sew side seams.

Leg Ruffles:

Rnd 1: Join yarn at center of crotch; ch1, sc in end of each row around, join.

Rnd 2: Ch1, (sc, ch2, sc) in joining, * sk nt sc, (sc, ch2, sc) in nt sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in ends. Rep for other leg.

Booties: (make 2) Starting at bottom of sole, with white and F hook, ch10.

Rnd 1: 2 Hdc in 3rd ch from hook, hdc in nt 6 chs, 7 hdc in last ch; working down other side of ch, hdc in nt 6 chs, 2 hdc in last ch, join with sl st in top of beg ch2: 24.

Rnd 2: Ch1, sc in joining, 2 sc in nt 2 hdc, hdc in nt 3 hdc, dc in nt 3 hdc, 2 dc in nt 7 hdc, dc in nt 3 hdc, hdc in nt 3 hdc, 2 sc in last 2 hdc, join with sl st in first sc: 35.

For Back Post Sc 9bpsc), insert hook from back to front to back around post of st indicate, yo and and pull through, yo and draw through 2 lps on hook.

Rnd 3: Ch1, bpsc in each st around, join in first bpsc.

Rnd 4: Ch1, hdc in joining and in each sc around, join with sl st in first st.

Rnd 5: Ch1, sc in joining and in nt 10 sts, (dc nt 2 sts together) 7 times, sc in last 10 sts, join.

Rnd 6: Ch1, sc in joining and in nt 8 sc, (dc nt 2 sts together) twice, dc nt 3 sts together, (dc nt 2 sts together) twice, sc in last 8 sc, join.

Rnd 7: Ch1, sc in joining and in nt 8 sc, dc nt 2 dc together, dc in nt dc, dc nt 2 dc together, sc in last 8 sc, join: 20.

Rnd 8: (eyelet rnd) Ch3, * sk nt st, hdc in nt st, ch1; rep from * around, join with sl st in 2nd ch of beg ch3: 10 ch1 sps.

Rnd 9: Ch1, sc in each ch1 sp and hdc around, join. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Rnd 10: (trim) Join variegated in joining; ch1, (sc, ch2, sc) in joining, * sk nt sc, (sc, ch2, sc) in nt sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Ties: (make 2) With white and F hook, ch65. Fasten off and weave in ends. Weave tie through eyelet rnd and tie in bow at center front.

Dear Brenda:

I have a 20 Inche Berenguer doll and I will for sure try this out fit and take photo as well and post here...

Thanks soooooo much for your kindness in sharing with us your crreations in designing...

Hope to post photo soon here

hugs

Lillibet

Hi Carol:

Please do post your photo of your finished project here on your new baby..

Would love to see what colors you use...

hugs

Lillibet

I just bought the 20' doll from Annies Attic and this set would fit perfect. Thanx for sharing the pattern.

Carol:hook

I thought that maybe my husband could figure out how to post a picture for me, but then I found out that my doll isn't looking so good. I bought her at a thrift store. One arm is tearing away from the plastic, so I thought I'd keep her for myself. Well, now i find out that her head is scratched up and she looks strange. I also noticed that her eyelashes are messed up too. I am sad to think she might be destined for the garbage. Like I said in my first post, this doll is cloth except for head, arms and legs.

Too Funny!!!!!!! You should get the one from Annie's Attic. It's really cute. I bought her to try on baby clothes, since there's no babies in the family. My daughter's have been going to alot of baby shower's lately. One coming up Feb. 7th.

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=23814

I thought that maybe my husband could figure out how to post a picture for me, but then I found out that my doll isn't looking so good. I bought her at a thrift store. One arm is tearing away from the plastic, so I thought I'd keep her for myself. Well, now i find out that her head is scratched up and she looks strange. I also noticed that her eyelashes are messed up too. I am sad to think she might be destined for the garbage. Like I said in my first post, this doll is cloth except for head, arms and legs.

Okay,I have finished my set and have placed it on the doll. To be honest, I think it looks better with the button band in the back. I thought it would be cute with novelty buttons to have it in front, but I don't thnink so now!

I have a question about the Annie's Attic doll. Being blind, I wondered is it cloth and plastic or just plastic?

I have that doll that is on the Annie's Attic website. I will try and make up the outfit and post a picture when I am done. Brenda, I love your bed doll patterns, I am working on both of them now. Thanks so much for the great patterns.

Thanks for the pattern I have a 20 inch Berenguer baby doll that I make clothes for. I too have a question about the baby on AA. Is her bottom really wide? My berenguer baby has a wide bottom so some things I make has to be bigger in the bottom b/c it's wide.

Too Funny!!!!!!! You should get the one from Annie's Attic. It's really cute. I bought her to try on baby clothes, since there's no babies in the family. My daughter's have been going to alot of baby shower's lately. One coming up Feb. 7th.

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=23814

This is a Berenguer LaBaby. You can purchase them at Toys R Us and Walmart for $15-20 (last time I looked). They have different face molds, too. They are about 20" long. They do tend to have a big butt.:lol

If the "butt" is too big for the panties, just continue to increase to the proper width and then work for several rows straight before doing the ribbing. That is why I like making the panties the way I do, they are adjustable!

Yes it is. I wish I would have known that before I bought it. That's much cheaper than what I paid. Thanx for telling me. I'm going to have to check it out.

This is a Berenguer LaBaby. You can purchase them at Toys R Us and Walmart for $15-20 (last time I looked). They have different face molds, too. They are about 20" long. They do tend to have a big butt.:lol

Archived