Crocheters are everywhere!

My mother had to unexpectedly have a blood transfusion on Thursday (all went well). One of the nurses there noticed our crocheted scarves and later in the day brought over the project she was doing to show me. It was a nice and unexpected encounter with a fellow fanatic. (Another nurse noticed the cross-stitch I was working on and we talked about that craft, too.) I love running into fellow crafters, especially in places where I least expect it.

Dh and I visited friends last night and the female half of the couple told me that she and her daughters (ages 8,10 and 12) had bought a teach yourself to crochet CD and all three of them were making scarves. This is surprising since this is a friend that I couldn't picture crafting before this. She's admire my things, but never indicated that she would be interested in trying it.

I have an artist daughter (she says it is more cartooning than art) and she gets more response in public from people who are not artists. Maybe yarn crafters (or artists) are just a friendly crowd. My daughter claims that people who sketch and paint are snobbish and think only their style of art matters.

also at the garage I work at I notice alot of my customers knit. crochet and stitch in the waiting area! (just wish I could take mine with me to work:( )

Why can't you? My co-workers and I sit around and crochet every day after we eat our lunch. It's fun and funny.

Archived