Favorite e-tailers?

closetcrocheter

Hello,

Being a newbie to the crochet-world, can you please give me some suggestions on the e-tailers that you all tend to use? I'm actually looking for bulk yarn and good deals on wood/bamboo hooks. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Years to everyone...

For bulk yarn purchasing, I think R&M Yarns can't be beat.

http://www.rmyarns.com/

I once purchase a huge amount of cotton -- never used it up entirely -- finally ROAK'ed it onward.

I like knitting-warehouse.com

Good prices and very inexpensive shipping charges.

I second that. Also, I love Herrschners. They have all types of yarn (inexpensive/expensive), needles, hooks, notions, patterns, kits, etc. I've always had good luck with them. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, and I mentioned this in another thread, I ordered yarn from Herrsshners once, brand name yarn, and the quality was so much worse than the same yarn bought locally I would never order yarn from them again.

Was this a fluke? Am I the only one who has had this experience? The yarn I bought was Bernat Soft Boucle and I have seen differences in that yarn from color to color. In this instance, I had already bought locally several skeins of the color I bought from Herrschners. What I got from Herrschner's was drastically thinner and scratchier than what I bought locally.

Archived