Please help me understand something about etsy...

I'm not an etsy seller, myself, but just from poking around there the relisting would depend on the seller actually doing it (i would think). They list they are selling 6 copies of the pattern, etsy being worldwide, has folks purchasing even while the shop owner (s.o.) is sleeping. Then when they are able to get on I'd presume the 1st step the s.o. would be to check which transactions clear paypal/other and then to send out the patterns to those buyers.

just my .02 worth.

Sandy

It doesn't have anything to do with Etsy, really--just the individual sellers and how quickly they relist. Relisting is easy, but if the seller is busy, and doesn't have time for a lot of email, or won't be available to send the patterns, they might not be in a hurry. You can send a message ("convo") to anyone, and maybe just let a seller know you are interested in a certain pattern and would like to be notified if/when they relist it.

Did you know that Etsy has forums of its own where you can find out all sorts of information about how Etsy works? You can find or get answers to questions about the Etsy website here.

anytime i have wanted a pattern that was sold out i sent the seller a "convo" and they were able to list the pattern reserved for me (as a buyer). I find that most send the patterns in just a few hours. i like it better than having to wait for a booklet to come in the mail. i am not very patient.

Archived