Prayer / Comfort Shawl Ministry Question

Lisaizme

I'm not sure where to place this, I guess in the Charity area would be as good as any (AmyS, please feel free to move this if you think it belongs somewhere else).

I have been thinking about contacting the Priest at our church about starting a Prayer or comfort shawl ministry, but I haven't the faintest idea about what to do other than to make shawls.

I don't know if any of the other parishoners knit or crochet. Honestly, I haven't been back for services since my surgery in August of 2007 (for various reasons..) but still feel attached to the church.

Is anyone here affiliated with such a ministry or group? Can you offer me any advice before I go and talk to Mother Patsy?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestions. I doubt that there is one in our community already.. but could be. The reason I doubt there is one is that we're a very small community and everyone knows everyone's business here.. ROFL. If there was a group, I think I would've heard.. but it's possible there is one and I have been out of the loop a bit.

Archived