How to Use Some Simple but Clever Tricks to MakeYarn Unique

Hi Everyone!I have talked about this topic with crocheters and knitters before and they are always fascinated. It is a simple series of tricks you canuse to make common yarn farily your own and take your garments and crocheted pieces to new levels and make them totally your own. The yarn in the market will never be the same!

I have a thorough article about this technique (yes I came up with it out of necessity years ago and it stuck with me, I am not copying this from anyone. I really get it from my background as an artist.)If you would like to learn these tricks, visit my blog and look for that entry. I change the blog with a certain regularity, so look around for it. Hope you will find it as nifty as many others have. The entry has been more popular than I ever thought it would be.

Take care!

Clotilde ;)

I couldn't agree more with the part of the article about "ruining" a design with the wrong colors :sigh. I mean, I have no choice but to respect other people's strange preferences but, personally, I prefer to stay within certain parameters. After all, Nature, from which we take our cues, always harmonizes its colors and not haphazardly, they all have meanings, that's why at least at a subconscious level we are impacted by beautiful or bleak sceneries and our moods influenced by them. I've always loved working with colors and crocheting provides me great satisfaction, especially when I go shopping for yarn. I have a good eye for color (people have told me so...) so it's no surprise that I used to draw, have always been interested in all aspects of "beauty" and that eventually ended up going to beauty school where, incidentally, they teach the "color wheel" and how the primary, secondary and terciary colors work together or against each other, and this knowledge can be used advantageously in haircoloring, make-up and fashion/accesory combination.

I appreciate the ideas you're sharing in your blog and like the combinations that you've used. :) I believe we think a lot alike because even though I'm not an advanced crocheter I've already made several things without patterns and recently was thinking of using my knowledge of sewing to make a simple pattern for a tank top the way I want it. I thought I'd either use one of mine or get some plain wrapping paper and draw the pattern and now I read this as one of your suggestions :clap And although I think I've given away most of my sewing patterns I'll dig around to see if there's anything left that I can use.

I hope you don't mind my pointing out that there's a little mistake in the example of the top at the store, you wrote purple, brown and mustard matched because purple is a combination of red and yellow, but I think you meant orange instead of purple (before I got to that part, I just couldn't like the combo with purple...:lol).

And since the subject of color has been introduced, just for fun I'd like to invite you all to take this color quiz, it may reveal more about your personality than you thought it could. I discovered it a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty accurate, then passed it on to my daughter who thought so too.;)

Great article . When I took my hairdressing course and then my design course , one of the first lessons I learn was just what you wrote about.

I could not agree with you more on the fact of colour combination's making or breaking an article whatever it maybe. In fact I have been told I am too fanatical at times.

Thanks for the added tips

Archived