Interchangeable Crochet Hooks are Coming!!!

I am just SO excited. For those of you that knit, you may have heard of Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needles. Essentially you have various sized cables to make different lengths and sizes of circular knitting needles. I happened to be reading a website of someone who wanted the most complete set of interchangeable circular knitting needles, and in a little box she mentioned that Denise was going to make crochet hooks that work with this set!!

I emailed Denise and they verified that this is true! They said that they "are still in the development stages, but are hoping to have the crochet hooks available early next year." I asked if they minded me sharing this with you and they said that'd be wonderful.

I can only just imagine the possibilities! Extended afghan hooks, long double-ended crochet hooks, being able to do the amazing needle technique (knitting using a crochet hook with attached cord), adding crochet into knitting... the possibilities are endless!!

Can you tell that I'm excited!?!? :cheer

:cheer:clapThanks for letting us know

You know what I hope they make them for those tiny steel crochet hooks that one does lace and doilies with

I love crocheting those; but the dang things are hurting my hands now that I am older.

I am excited with you:cheer

Please keep us and me updated. :yes

Pinkroses, they do make interchangeable hooks for thread, they are a G sized handle with interchangeable thread-sized tips (not cable hooks like the first post, just a handle with different tips, which is I think what you were looking for).

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/074260.html

Hmm the price went up a bit since I bought mine.

I bought one of those sets. I didn't like it, though. The place where my fingers rested when crocheting was right on the tightening bolt. I guess I hold my hook too close to the edge. But, I couldn't get myself to change, so the set is gathering dust until I work up the nerve and patience to try it again. :)

Archived