Sign in to follow this  
KER828

In need of some direction

My mom's mom (my grandmother) past away in 1991 and my mother has recently moved in with me prompting the going through and sorting of "stuff". In this, was some thread crochet squares that it appears my grandmother was making into a tablecloth or placemat or runner. I have several of them and would like to finish the job but alas no pattern to be found. Is there somewhere on the web I can research old patterns to maybe match it? I would like to do this before I go through taking one apart to detail the pattern which I will do should I not be able to find it. Any suggestions?

Could you post a picture of the square? It would help alot...

One of the best places for vintage crochet is Celt's website. I agree a picture would be very helpful in identifying what the pattern is and if it still available somewhere.

Hugs,

Toni

How many squares do you have, and what size are they?

Maybe you could just join what she did and put a border around them....?

Then you wouldn't have to match them at all.

Great ideas all - I will try to take a picture and yikes try to upload on here! I'll bet I can figure it out if I can read a crochet pattern huh! I'll also count the squares I'm thinking about 15 or so and she had started sewing them together. You are all wonderful!:manyheart