Help For The Homeless!!!

pasteeater

As some of you may or may not know my husband works with disabled homeless people. Basically, the company he works for provides housing for homeless adults and they are filling stockings with little gifts. He has asked me to ask you all if anyone can help. We need 40 little crocheted Christmas type dolls. They need to be less than 4 inches tall. I need them by December 15th if anyone can possibly help. I can't possibly make 40 dolls by then! :eek:eek He just asked me tonight so I thought I'd ask you all if you could help. With the new puppy and walking my son back and forth to school [which is a total of 8 miles] I just can't get 40 done by then.

Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help? I would be so grateful. These wonderful these people are down on their luck and my husband and his co-workers want to do something to help them feel better. Many of these people they work with are cut off from family or friends. They are all alone in the world right now. It would really make them feel special if they knew someone took the time to do something nice for them. That's what Christmas is about I think.

So, to sum up my request, I need help with 40 Christmas type dolls or animals in Christmasy colors or design. Due to client diversity please no religious items, I hope you understand.

Thank you, please PM me for any info you may need. I hope we can get this done! :yay:cheer:hug

Do you have any patterns in mind? I dont know if I can get one done that quick but if it is not a tedious pattern I can try to at least get one done by then.

I know that lion brand has a lot of really fast easy patterns. I know he really waited long to ask me! I don't know what he was thinking LOL He doesn't crochet so he doesn't get it.

Are you looking for amis that are holiday related like santas, snowmen, reindeer, ect.? I might be able to whip one out between my swap partners stuff and my other charity stuff. Let me know and I will see what I can do. I know one isn't much but it is one less you would have to make.

This link doesnt seem to be working for me.

try copying and pasting or typing it in manually it worked for me again. could have been a hiccup when you tried it too :D

May I ask why Adult Homeless people need little dolls and not something like hats, scarfs or gloves? Or maybe personal items like tooth brushes and paste, brushes, shampoo etc.?

You must be reading my mind. I made this pattern http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=89832&highlight=giant+candy+cane and thought I would put in little personal item like what you mentioned. Maybe tooth brush and toothpaste or whatever. It makes a great holder in christmas colors and it is pratical too.

May I ask why Adult Homeless people need little dolls and not something like hats, scarfs or gloves? Or maybe personal items like tooth brushes and paste, brushes, shampoo etc.?

Well..one, they are in housing. Tranistional housing. Two, hats, gloves and scarfs are pretty much useless since it's still 80 degrees at night. Two...good question about the other stuff. I was told that they were getting all that stuff with the stockings. Three...he wanted to give them something nice to go along with the stockings. Something Christmasy and nice. They have tooth brushes ect...they don't have many things to make them happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived