Etsy.com

Mamasdelight

I have been checking out some peeps stores on etsy and they are cool looking. Are the item you sell your own creation? Have you ever made anything, like from Crochet Today or any other magazine, or book, and sold it on your site?

I have been checking out some peeps stores on etsy and they are cool looking. Are the item you sell your own creation? Have you ever made anything, like from Crochet Today or any other magazine, or book, and sold it on your site?

Crochetville's guidelines state that we do not allow links to or discussion of any sites in which members are selling crocheted items made from the copyrighted patterns of others unless 1) the pattern specifically grants permission to sell the finished item or 2) the member has received written permission to sell the finished item and mentions that on their website.

I have had to delete several responses in this thread from members who are promoting the fact that they have an etsy business. Please remember that our free advertising policies state that members are not to start threads/posts advertising/promoting/mentioning their businesses.

You can talk in general about what etsy does and does not allow, and what things in general you see being sold on etsy, but you should not be referring to your specific business, directly or indirectly, in your posts. If you want to promote your etsy business here, you'll need to purchase advertising.

In general, if you have specific questions about etsy, it's best to post your questions on their customer forums, which are designed for people to exchange information about running businesses on their site.

I like to browse around over there. It give me inspiration. :hook So many beautiful things. I'm not a buyer because I would just make something if I wanted it that bad and I don't sell anything I make. I just like to poke around over there.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'stand still'?

Etsy is very popular, a place for handcrafted items. They do have forums there if you get stuck and need help, and also have mentors to contact for matters that should not be discussed in public (matters relating to specific transactions).

It is very big, very busy. Items listed tend to fall quickly in the search feature, especially those in over-saturated categories, so you do have to work at keeping a shop noticed.

Sally

Etsy is a great community. All the ideas must be hand made of label as vintage or supplies. IF selling under the handmade section all items must be made by you and be your own design. No copying or copyright ingr. Your aunt might also want to check out dawana hummm I don't know if I spelled it right. It is a German bases site and reached a greater over seas marketplace.

Archived