Review wanted: The Best of Patricia Kristoffersen

Do you have the book "The Best of Patricia Kristofferson"?

If so, please give a review!

What projects / doilies does it have?

I was thinking of getting the Coffee'n Cream booklet, but I found that it's discontinued.... Since this one has 27 projects, maybe the ones I'm interested in owning are in it, instead.

Thanks!!

Judy

I have this book because I grab a "PK" book whenever I see one.

I think it is going to be an easy book to follow since the print is not so tiny like some books. It has a great variety also to choose from. Small and large doilies and in different shapes, coasters, placemats, sachets, table toppers, runners, you name it. The pictures are closeup so you can analyze stitches if needed and the colors are soothing. I am glad I did not pass this one up. If you need more coazing, stick your arm out and I'll twist it for you :D Go for it!

I have this book and have made 11 of the small doilies patterns. I am not typically a threadie, but have done a few projects. The only thing I found was trying to get the gauge right, I had to bump up several hook sizes and crochet extremely loosely. With yarn, I'm usually dead-on, but it could just be my thread inexperience.

The patterns were written well, and the stitch instructions are very clear.

Some of the doily patterns are too small to be useful, though - they are barely coaster size even as written. If you're looking for 27 patterns, keep in mind that only about 3 of them are large doilies, and about 5-8 more are medium sized. The rest are small or coasters.

I have it too & there are larger doily patterns - there's even a table topper in it. I love it & it has become one of my favorite books. I've got a doily on my end table that I made from it & everyone who sees it loves it! When I'm looking for something unusual,this is the book I usually grab first.

Archived