Not sure where to put this...

A question for those of you who also knit: is there a forum as wonderful as Crochetville for knitters? I've just started to re-teach myself to knit, and I'd really like to find a "Knitville" if you know what I mean.

What knitting forums do you frequent and find helpful/fun?!

Thanks!

Froggie (aka Jana in Denton, TX)

Yes, there is — Knitters' Review. Hold on, I'll get the URL set up for you... Knitters' Review. They are just as helpful to new knitters as C'ville is to new crocheters. There is also other website area connected with the forum, including a weekly review of yarns or books by Clara Parkes, who owns and runs KR. If you pick up magazines like Interweave Knits you are likely to find a column here or there by Clara. Be forewarned, these people are topnotch enablers. (As if any of us needed an excuse. :lol )

I am not a Ravelry member but I understand that it is HUGE on knitting, more so than it is on crochet.

We have two knitting usergroups here, that you can join by request. Just click your User CP link in the dark blue nav bar on any forum page. Scroll down to the Networking heading and click on Group Memberships. From there, you can join either or both the Beginning Knitters and Experienced Knitters usergroup.

Since there are only two groups, you won't find as much activity as you would on a strictly knitting forum. But you can hang out with some of your Crochetville friends there!

As far as other knitting forums, I like the forums associated with Knitty online magazine: http://www.knittyboard.com. The Knitting Help site also has a forum: http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/.

Thanks for the suggestions! I had no idea that there were knitting subforums here in the 'ville. I just now registered at knittyboard--I've been trying out one of their patterns and I just can't get it, but I betcha someone there can help me with it.:think

Froggie (aka Jana in Denton, TX)

Archived