Pitsburg Steelers color?

My dh is a huge "steeler" fan. One Christmas I made him a "steeler" afghan. I just used RH black, yellow and white. I forgot what the name of the yellow was, but it was the brightest yellow. I thought it came out real nice.

I just asked my DH which was the correct color for the Steelers and he said yellow.

I showed him Caron Simply Soft yellow #1202 Lemonade

I also showed him the RH Super Saver Gold #0321

He chose Caron Simply soft, I imagine you could you RH Super Saver Bright Yellow #0324

I made a Steeler's afghan with bright yellow yucky yarn I had bought at a yard sale. I thought my eyes were going to be permanently strained. That stuff was so against the grain of the colors I usually use. It was really jarring to my system to work with it. The afghan turned out great--I just really hated working with it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30875481@N05/2926683551/

This was Bass' afghan in progress. That's my little ham Kingfish in the photo.

Bass loved his afghan and hangs it over the back of the couch so the neighbors can see his colors though the front window.

Thanks for all the suggestions and pictures. What great blankets. I was thinking the RH yellow was too bright, but maybe it isn't. I don't have any places to look in person but Wally World that are all at least and hour or more away. They have cut down on their yarn so much it's hard to find what you want in any amount any more.

Marcia

Archived