What small item would be good to crochet for a grave?

The one year anniversary of my Grand-Mother's death is January 1. My mom always makes flower arrangements for her grave. I am wanting to make something to put on the flowers (a crocheted item). I was thinking about doing either a small bell or an angel.

I mentioned the bell to my mom and she said that was a good idea. We could put a real bell in it to make it ring. Should I do both a bell & an angel?

I think they're both good ideas. I've noticed small wind chimes, birds on wires, all sorts of things at graves recently.

A cross would work, too. Is there something which your grandmother liked which you could crochet a symbol of? I sometimes see carvings on head stones or foot stones of activities the person enjoyed.

I think whatever you feel like making will be just fine. It's a very sweet gesture.

I think it's wonderful that you want to make something for her grave, but realistically, we put things on my mother's grave, and people steal them. My girlfriend puts things on her son's grave, and people steal them.

I think it is monstrous that anyone would touch items put out in memory of a loved one, but there's a lot of unkind, uncaring people out there. I would hate to think someone would walk off with any of your hand made items because they want something pretty to put in a centerpiece at home.

I think it's wonderful that you want to make something for her grave, but realistically, we put things on my mother's grave, and people steal them. My girlfriend puts things on her son's grave, and people steal them.

I think it is monstrous that anyone would touch items put out in memory of a loved one, but there's a lot of unkind, uncaring people out there. I would hate to think someone would walk off with any of your hand made items because they want something pretty to put in a centerpiece at home.

It's unfortunate that people do that.

Archived