Purse Zippers

TXyarnelf

Sometimes I just use the machine to sew the zipper in - another way is to crochet a piece that fits in the top of your purse that the zipper fits into (so it is usually oval or rectanglular with an opening in the middle). Sew the zipper into the piece (either by hand or machine) and then using matching yarn sew the finished piece to the top of your purse. That way you aren`t fighting with the whole purse at the sewing machine. Hope this is easy to understand. :hook

Now THAT's a good idea Sheryl...I never thought of that! I've only done a few zippers, and mostly in coin-purses, so I've always done them by hand, and it seems to work okay. They're hardest at the back end, for me. But worth taking the time to get them in nicely. (of course, with coin purses, machine-ing the zippers in is out of the question anyway)

HTH

Sheryl,

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing this with me. I'll give it a try.:hook

Hugs,:hug

Sometimes I just use the machine to sew the zipper in - another way is to crochet a piece that fits in the top of your purse that the zipper fits into (so it is usually oval or rectanglular with an opening in the middle). Sew the zipper into the piece (either by hand or machine) and then using matching yarn sew the finished piece to the top of your purse. That way you aren`t fighting with the whole purse at the sewing machine. Hope this is easy to understand. :hook

I have used a sewing machine to add a zipper to a VERY FIRM tapestry crochet coin purse, with excellent results. I have never tried it to something lose or floppy.

Archived