Testing done on Playblocks scarf

allieliz

This is the first pattern I have written, so I'm a little nervous. It requires knowledge of foundation double crochet, rsc and fptr's. It is made with about 4 oz. each of 2 contrasting colors of ww yarn (this sample is in Caron SS), and an h hook.

th_DSC01057-2.jpg(clicky)

th_DSC01056.jpg

I am not to sure about the time it will take, so if you could, please give me feedback on how much time it took, ease of understanding the directions, ideas for a name as well as the usual typos and stitch errors. I would like the turnaround time to be no more than 2 weeks. Also, I'd love you to post pictures here of the scarf when it's done. Thanks in advance for your help.

PM me with your e-mail if you are interested :hook

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my version of the scarf. If I had had time, I would have started over and reversed the main color and the contrasting color - I think it would look better with more red and less white. I had fun doing it, though.

2936411164_f0030e931d.jpg?v=0

It took 3 1/2 ounces of the red (MC) and 4 ounces of the white (CC). It took me somewhere around 6 hours to finish. The pattern was easy to follow, and other than the one mistake you found, it seemed to be typo-free.

(This pic turned out bigger than I thought it would be. I'll switch to a smaller one later this evening. Sorry!)

Here's my version of the scarf. If I had had time, I would have started over and reversed the main color and the contrasting color - I think it would look better with more red and less white. I had fun doing it, though.

2936411164_f0030e931d.jpg?v=0

It took 3 1/2 ounces of the red (MC) and 4 ounces of the white (CC). It took me somewhere around 6 hours to finish. The pattern was easy to follow, and other than the one mistake you found, it seemed to be typo-free.

:tyThank you so much for testing this for me! It looks great in red and white! Wonderful! Do you think the scarf ended up a bit wide? I think I'll make an alternate, narrower version (I like wide, but others might not)

I messed up the pattern a bit (I printed out the first one you sent me instead of the corrected one :blush, so it wound up wider than it should have (it's a smidge under 8" wide and about 48" long), but it still turned out really nice. It took me two evenings off and on to get it done, so it's a fairly quick scarf to make. Of course, I crochet slowly till I'm sure of the pattern. I used SWS (Soy-Wool Blend), and it's a bit scratchy (from the wool) right now, but with a washing, I think it'll be VERY soft--it feels really good to touch, but not to leave against the skin for long.

Here it is on DD:

Bridgetmodelingplayblocksscarf.jpg

Thanks for letting me test it!

I'm glad you liked the pattern. Was there anything that you felt needed clarification or were there typos?

I think I'll be posting the pattern soon, I'll let everyone know when I do.

A big thank you to the wonderful ladies who tested this for me, I think it went well considering it was the first pattern I ever really put down in writing.:ty

Archived