Leisure Arts Library

Has anyone ordered a pattern from there? If so, how is the pattern delivered? Is it a PDF or is it an actual pattern? I have real problems with opening up pdf's and there are a couple of patterns on there that I would like to order. Thanks:hook

I've never ordered from them but it says you need Adobe Reader to view the patterns that you download so I'm thinking yes, it's a PDF file. I've had trouble with PDF files too. I'd never get another. I have patterns from e-patternscentral that won't print and never did because printing is blocked. What's with that??? If I wanted to make them I'd have to sit and crochet at the computer. Blah. I understand they're trying to protect their copyright but that's just ridiculous. I've chalked it up to experience.

I have the latest version of Adobe Reader, and the same thing happens to me. Someone said something about a firewall, so I had the geek squad check it out and they could find nothing wrong. I guess I will just try and find a hard copy of the patterns. :hook

Just wanted to add that another issue cropped up after I downloaded several PDF patterns from e-patternscentral. Because of the way they lock the files before you get them, you aren't able to open them on any other computer. That's good because then no one can email them to others and share them. Bad for the owner though because when you get a new computer, you get to throw out ALL your pdf patterns. :angry They won't open on any other computer and I can't even print them to save them. Money down the drain. I will stick with hard copy now. You buy hard copy and it's yours. You can take it in the bathroom if you want! You can make it a hundred times and in the years to come you can make it again. I've found out you can't do that with a pdf file.

I have patterns from e-pattern central and instead of saving them on my computer they are saved in the library at e-pattern central - I can access them from any computer as they are housed on their website. I can also print them

I have patterns from e-pattern central and instead of saving them on my computer they are saved in the library at e-pattern central - I can access them from any computer as they are housed on their website. I can also print them

Well that's good to hear! It must be fairly new because that wasn't offered to me in 2006 when I got my patterns. I still wouldn't buy any patterns there. I've already been burned. When I wrote to them and told them of the problem, they wrote back with a "sorry, there's nothing we can do". At least now they've fixed up what they screwed up in the beginning.

Archived