New stitch pattern

I have made a new stitch pattern, but I don´t know what to make. The only thing I can think of is a bookmark, but that´s a bit boring....

What other simple things could I make to show the stitch pattern?

I think it would look good in a doily, but I haven´t made many doilies so I´m not sure if I´ll be able to come up with a whole pattern....

I think it would look good in a doily, but I haven´t made many doilies so I´m not sure if I´ll be able to come up with a whole pattern....

A doily doesn't have to be round. I like the look of square or rectangular doilies (or mats). You could make a square of it in thread like you would use for a doily. If that looks unfinished to you, just add a pretty edging.

A doily doesn't have to be round. I like the look of square or rectangular doilies (or mats). You could make a square of it in thread like you would use for a doily. If that looks unfinished to you, just add a pretty edging.

I have thought of making a square. But I always have trouble with what I should have in the middle of the square, and how I should increase....I have tried a few times, but I haven´t been satisfied with the result...

Forgot to say that I have only made the stitch with thread, so I have no idea how it would look like in thicker yarn

It´s a small stitch with a "summer-feeling", so I´ve been thinking of adding some flowers somehow...

Well, since it's an open stitch, you could use it as an edging for something. Such as work it at the bottom of a sweater...either directly as part of it or make it seperate (out of thread maybe?) and sew it on. Or you could make a wrist band with it; open stitches in thread often look nice as wrist bands.

I have thought of making a square. But I always have trouble with what I should have in the middle of the square, and how I should increase....I have tried a few times, but I haven´t been satisfied with the result...

You could make a square by just doing rows instead of rounds; you don't have to start in the middle.

Archived