Huzzah for the patterns for cats!

I was surfing on lionbrand's website, and I discovered that they had added three patterns for toys for your cat - a fortune cookie, sardines in a tin stuffed with catnip, and a mouse with a bell on the tail. I was so excited! It seems like most of the time all you can find are patterns for dogs, and while I like dogs, it is nice to see cats getting some equal attention. (I can't imagine making a sweater for either cat...I just don't think they would appreciate that.)

Just wanted to share that in case anyone else is on the look-out for patterns for their cat. Besides, the amigurumi patterns are really cute...

I'll have to check them out, I have a new kitten that needs toys, and an older cat who keeps scratching herself raw from bad skin allergies...she's allergic to fleas AND all flea medications. Maybe she wouldn't chew herself up so badly if she was covered up a bit.

I was surfing on lionbrand's website, and I discovered that they had added three patterns for toys for your cat - a fortune cookie, sardines in a tin stuffed with catnip, and a mouse with a bell on the tail. I was so excited! It seems like most of the time all you can find are patterns for dogs, and while I like dogs, it is nice to see cats getting some equal attention. (I can't imagine making a sweater for either cat...I just don't think they would appreciate that.)

Just wanted to share that in case anyone else is on the look-out for patterns for their cat. Besides, the amigurumi patterns are really cute...

I agree! I thought that the tin of sardines was just the cutest thing I'd seen in a long time when it comes to crocheted cat toys! :clap

Yeah, I saw those patterns in the LB newsletter this morning. They look good, and I'm glad they use WW yarn as alot of the free patterns I've found online do not. I will probably be trying them out on my kittens in the very near future! They get bored with their toys so quickly!

I'll have to check them out, I have a new kitten that needs toys, and an older cat who keeps scratching herself raw from bad skin allergies...she's allergic to fleas AND all flea medications. Maybe she wouldn't chew herself up so badly if she was covered up a bit.

Actually, Pyroteca was referring to new TOY patterns they came out with, not cat sweaters. I think she was kidding about trying to put a sweater on a cat...although I have seen a few photos of cats in sweaters before!

Sorry for the confusion...yes, the patterns are for toys...I am sure there are some cats that like sweaters, but my two would do the low-crawl if I tried to put them in sweaters. They prefer afghans that they can nest in if they are cold.

Archived