Eyeballs and noses

Citty9

So, I have discovered that Joanne's sells eyeballs and noses that you can use instead of embrodiaring (sp) over crochet stitches. I HATE THAT part. It never looks right.

And yes, I know I am behind the times. Anyhow, how do you get the darn backings to stay on? I have tried pliers to get the clear backing to move over the ridges on the eyeball, and I have had J use his strength, to which he broke the plastic backing and said it was defective.

I bought another package incase it was, and STILL I can not get the backing to go over the ridge to secure the eyeball.

Help?

I think you just press hard all the way around at once, use some kind of tube that is just bigger than the center and something short and heavy enough to put some weight into it. these used to be metal and I didn't think they were too hard. the do make locking washers you can get at hardware store that would work too, as long as you get the right size. Good Luck

use a tube like cjansen said, or still use the broken backing. i take my safety eyes off of old stuffed animals, i use a razor to cut a slit and then i have to work to get it off. even if it is split, it's still pretty safe and wont fall out if you have it on a stuffy like that :D

Archived