Dang Flip Flops

buggaboosmommy

Question

I know I had this pattern, but can't locate it. I'm looking for the Flip Flop pattern that is trimmed in fun fur? Anyone have a copy or link? My mother wants three pairs. YIKES! Thanks ya'll :)

Donna

10 answers to this question

I was just about to refer you there! Actually it's pretty simple: single crochet around all the straps! That's about it. I made a pair for myself with Bernat Boa in Ostrich (black/white) and they came out looking very nice!!!

I haven't heard any real problems with the flip flops, like bunching. I'm going to get a pair today and give it a try so I'll let you know how it works out.

I have also seen them made by tying ballons around the strap, or strips of fabric. I made a pair using condoms for a bridal shower, lol

Donna

I'd like to make a pair of these, but I keep imagining that as you wear them the crocheted part will start to slip around and bunch up? Does anyone know if that happens?

I made these last year for everyone and so far no problems bunching. I wear them all the time. I have made them in every color and every combo!! My sons girlfriend and her friends love them. In fact all the girls love them big and small!!

kellyv

I made 2 pairs, and used fun fur doubled up, and to make sure that it wouldn't move around (like you are worried about) I sc really tight. I made a few sc, slid them down, did a few more sc, slid them down, all the way around. They are nice and thick! They do shed though!

Thanx for the info on these flip flops. I have wondered about them slipping as well as the shedding knowing when I work with fun fur it tends to shed just by working with it. I have the flip flops....now just need the time to make them cute like everyone elses'.

I just did a pair for my girl. We used the red heart bright and lofty in licorice on a pair of black f/f and she loves them. They don't seem to bunch or slide, but I tried to keep my sc's close together to avoid that. I have the booklet from Annie's Attic if anyone wants more info - it has little 'things' that you can crochet to attach after you cover the straps. I'd be happy to share the info. Just send me an email at mrsfrenchy3@att.net

I'm making these for each attendee at our MOMS Club End of the year banquet. They work up really fast. So far I've used Boa and ChaCha. I did a black pair with the Boa Ostrich too. LOVE them. When your making them you bunch all your sc's together anyway so they shouldn't really move when your done.

I also really like the ones the kids are making with the fleece strips. Those are super cute.

flipflops.jpg

Archived