Finishing for solomon's/lovers knot wrap??

I'm working on a rectangular solomon's/lovers knot wrap, and I just can't figure out how I should finish it off. It's acrylic yarn, and I want it to be very washable while retaining its finished look for a long time. I've almost finished the main body, so I need to figure out what to do after that!!

How would you finish off a rectangular lovers knot wrap like this please??

Thankie for all your suggestions in advance!! :manyheart

I've seen it finished a ocuple of ways:

1. One with a scallop edging. THis was actually an small rectangular afghan that a lot of people thought was a wrap because of the solomon knots.

2. Old-fashioned fringed -- but it was done in a soft thick thread rather than the worsted weight yarn. I think it was done so it would look more drape-y.

I've never used it for a ghan or stole before...primarily as a skirt for a baby dress, or similar, and then it didn't need finishing, I just slipstitched into the appropriate knot to finish the last "round" and weaved in the tail. I like MaryPat's ideas, they both sound nice.

Hmmm.. scallops might work. I'm afraid fringe may get all knotty in washing. I've never made a fringed item and I'm just afraid that it wouldn't be highly washable and dryable. Thanks for the suggestion of scallops though!

I've made a few Solomon's (lover's) knot triangular shawls (which was called fascinator shawls way back in the 50's), and I didn't do anything to finish it off. I thought it would take away from the open, lacy look.

Archived