Pretty in Pink 4 Heart Square ~ tested

Priszm

When I first saw Donna's picture, I immediately wondered what it would look like with the hearts as a different color. But, before I set about doing something as ambitious as that, I wanted to do the pattern as is first. I don't think the hearts stand out as well with a darker color. And I'm sorry for being so blurry, but I wanted to get pictures up tonight and my batteries are dying.

Images are clickable. This was made with Vanna's choice in Brick.

th_4heartssolid.jpg

This is my test of making the hearts a different color. It's not done (in case you couldn't tell by the tails :lol). I'm going to do a round in red and finish it in the white. The white I used is Rainbow Boucle since I have a ton of it right now (that's what happens when I change my mind on yarn type for a project :rolleyes ). I'll probably edge it in a regular white to make it easier on Donna :D

th_2heartsbicolored.jpg

Donna, I'll email you what I did for this one. It actually went pretty easy, once I got a bit of "meat" to it and the yarn stopped tangling :D. Thank you again for letting me test!

Beautiful work, Priszm :)

The boucle is a bit, ahem, fuzzy, isn't it :D...

I like the hearts in a different colour, I'd love to test your variation if Donna wants it tested ;) ((hint, hint :D))... I did the whole heart round in a different colour, which was all right, but I did it in rainbow variegated (at DD's request) and white (I HATE that white yarn! It is banished to the craft bucket, I will NOT crochet with it again!) - so I was not entirely thrilled with the outcome :lol.... but the theory was good :think

Cheers,

Beautiful work, Priszm :)

The boucle is a bit, ahem, fuzzy, isn't it :D...

I like the hearts in a different colour, I'd love to test your variation if Donna wants it tested ;) ((hint, hint :D))... I did the whole heart round in a different colour, which was all right, but I did it in rainbow variegated (at DD's request) and white (I HATE that white yarn! It is banished to the craft bucket, I will NOT crochet with it again!) - so I was not entirely thrilled with the outcome :lol.... but the theory was good :think

Cheers,

I love how the boucle feels. I just happen to have 2 things of regular white right now. One is being used for another project and the other is red heart, so it's a little rougher. I didn't think it'd work so well texture wise with the hearts. :lol

Archived