Newborn baby average head size??

deneen

Question

A friend of mine is pregnant and due in the Spring. I want to make Chelle's lacy poncho shell for the baby. Does anyone know what the average baby's head measurements are around? I can't remember with my daughter and her baby book is packed away somewhere.

6 answers to this question

Oh wonderful Dot I'm gonna bookmark that 1 myself.I had to go hunt through my crochet drawer to find a pattern I knew I'd printed a pattern that had something on measurements here's some more help

members.aol.com/GORLEY/patterns.html

This is perfect! And so right on (with my girlsl). However, I did have a customer who's 6 month old baby had and 18" head, which was as big as my youngest! My 24 month old has an 18 1/2" head circumfrence. My neice's head was 16" at birth if I remember correctly from what my sister told me. She said her head was huge!

Not trying to make it more difficult lol, I would go with the chart sizes, definately!

I love this site, every time I have a questions, I come here and there is the answers, almost like I have ESP with this site. Just last night my daughter asked me to make hat for friends baby (1yr) whom lives out of state, I said, how big is her head. Now I have a pretty good idea. I also bookmarked the page. Thanks again, all you wonderful ladies.

Archived