washing what you felted

Knit Happens

I haven't had to do that yet, but if I had to try without guidance..I would try cold cold water and a gentle cycle.. don't let it spin out and then place over something the right size to block it and let it air dry.

I hope someone with experience will come along and answer this.

Haven't done it yet but ...........duhI did felt some things but I gave them all away, I am thinking with how hot the water has to be to felt and all the agitation it takes I would think it wouldn't hurt it a bit to cold water wash it like Lisa said get most of the water out of it then just block it and dry. hmmmmm after some reading I am amending my ideas.

I think only hand wash it in cold I wouldn't try the machine

Oh by the way I also found out what we are doing is called fulling not really felting thought everyone calls it that true felting is somthing else altogether.

Post on this at crafster

• 3 weeks later...

We have some wool blankets, and I always take them to the dry cleaner. I used to have some wool sweaters, and they said "dry clean only" on the label, so I just assumed that it would be a good idea to dry clean anything made of wool that you don't want to shrink.

It's SO humid in my part of the world, that if I got something wool wet without drying it, I'm sure it would mildew before it dried on it's own. It would just take too long to dry and then it would always smell funny.

Archived