Worsted Weight(s)

I was looking for a somewhat cheap acryllic for a project I'm starting and need a baby weight. I picked up Lions Pound of Love several times wondering if it would do, but calling it WW put it off.

I've used Pound of Love and didn't much like it. It was soft enough and all but many, many knots within the skein and lots of thick/thin areas. I used my 40% coupons for it so at least I got a bargin. I used a K hook with it so can't imagine an F hook.

I love the Pounders! The orange is really 'thick', not as much give to it as the white. I'm working on a 2-strander afghan with the orange and white but it seems to be looking okay, just 'feels' a little odd when working with it. I can overlook it since it washes up so nicely and has such a good price.

i have found that solids and variegated - even from the same brand are different, i had to use an I on the variegated and H on the solid in one afghan i made so the squares would be the same size!:think

Yeah, I've seen lots of difference. Considering RHSS to be about average, Caron's SS is thin and their one pounders are thicker. I haven't used WW in other types though, but I'm pretty sure they're all different...lol

Archived