Denim Shells Purse - WIP

EEE_mom

This is my first purse - I have 4 1 1/2 in nickle plated rings to attatch the handles and a denim colored zipper for the top of the bag - also, would like to line the bag with denim

th_Pocketbook1.jpg

th_Pocketbook2.jpg

th_Pocketbook3.jpg

problem is I have no idea how to finish off the bag! haha

I don't know how to do the liner or attatch the zipper!

OH! and what would be a good material to use for support in the bottom of the bag

( bag is done is Sugar N Cream cotton)

any suggestions?

Lining should be same dimensions as your purse, except a little taller. The extra height will be folded(wrong sides together) & pressed. Slip it into your purse and hand sew it to your crocheted purse. Pin zipper to the lining and sew it as well. I have used plastic canvas to line bag bottoms AND sides too!

Have fun & Good luck!

P.S. Your bag is adorable!

It's going to look great when you have it all assembled.

I hope so!

I have such a clear picture of what the finished bag LOOKS like that I think I've intimidated myself into NOT finishing it ( if that makes sense)

I LOVE the idea of the plastic canvas, that would even allow me to put feet on the bottom

Well, after this sunday's baby shower, I will be officially back to work on the bag ( i hope) cause you guys all rock and make me WANT to finish it :hug

Thats coming really nice! I dont know how big it is. but maybe you could finda old pair of pants that the thigh part is that size and cut the top and bottom of light weight pant then you have the tube just sew the bottom and then slide into your purse and sew the zipper on etc.:loco

You can always fuse interfacing to your lining material to give strength. You can machine sew as long as the crochet side is up or you can sew crochet side down & use tear away stabilizer. After stitching tear away the stabilizer. They sell ultrafirm stabilizer that gives strength & makes a purse rigid. You would put a layer between the outside & the lining. I can't wait to see it finished!

You can always fuse interfacing to your lining material to give strength. You can machine sew as long as the crochet side is up or you can sew crochet side down & use tear away stabilizer. After stitching tear away the stabilizer. They sell ultrafirm stabilizer that gives strength & makes a purse rigid. You would put a layer between the outside & the lining. I can't wait to see it finished!

Wow, i wish you lived next door so you could show me that in "not a sewer" speak!

haha

Archived