Ooopsie... Screwed up my template

natalie058

I got a little too ambitious and tried to change the look of my blog. Now I've just screwed everything uP! My problem is that I don't know enough to fix it...

I was wondering if someone could direct me to somewhere that can tell me how to change my template (in stupid people's terms) or assist me in some way...

my blog is HERE and my email is nmnenado@yahoo.com

Any help would be totally appreciated.

Natalie, your blog looks fine to me. Do you mean you just want to use a different template? Here's how you do it. Go to your blogger control panel. Click on the link at the top for template. Then click "Pick New" just below all the tabs at the top of the page. Find the one you want to use, click "Use this Template" underneath the correct image, then follow the instructions from there.

I don't want to mess up my own blog, so I didn't go any further than that! It should give you simple instructions to follow to apply that particular template to your blog.

Is that what you were asking for?

Sorry, we must have been posting at the same time. To use another template, go to http://www.blogskins.com and they have instructions for how to copy the coding for their templates into your blog.

If you've added special stuff into your sidebars or anything, you'll want to be careful that you don't cut and paste over it.

Before doing major changes to my blog, I cut and paste my current template into a Word document and save it onto my hard drive. Then if I really screw things up, I can always paste it back in and start making changes from scratch again.

Before doing major changes to my blog, I cut and paste my current template into a Word document and save it onto my hard drive. Then if I really screw things up, I can always paste it back in and start making changes from scratch again.

I do that too, I also have a fake blog that looks exactly like my real blog. I try out all the changes on that first to get it to look exactly how I want, then copy and paste it over. If by some chance I screw up, I've still got the original to fall back on.

Archived