Anyone blog about thread?

misteph

I do mostly thread crochet and sometimes blog about it (link in my sig). In between a lot of book-related posts, and the occasional "life in Poland" post, I have posted some of my crochet work--painted doilies, experiments adding sewing thread to crochet thread for color effects, and one post showing the evolution of the Bruges doily in my avatar. You'll have to scroll back for some of it, but I'm not the most prolific blogger, so hopefully not too far. I'm really hoping you'll get some other responses so I can go look, too!

I'll check them both out. I just love thread crochet and I think I'm the only one out here in the desert that does.

I'm working on a Polish motif that was in my latest Piecework magazine. Krakovianka did you see it?

Off to search the net for more thread sites.

Michelle in Southern AZ

I'll check them both out. I just love thread crochet and I think I'm the only one out here in the desert that does.

I'm working on a Polish motif that was in my latest Piecework magazine. Krakovianka did you see it?

Off to search the net for more thread sites.

Michelle in Southern AZ

No, I rarely see US magazines, although I have heard of Piecework. I've never actually seen a copy. There are a lot of thread crochet magazines published here in Poland, and I buy 3-4 every month. Lately I've been eyeing the stack and wondering just how large it can get and what I'm going to do with it. (Most of the patterns are in symbol crochet charts, which I prefer anyway.)

No, I rarely see US magazines, although I have heard of Piecework. I've never actually seen a copy. There are a lot of thread crochet magazines published here in Poland, and I buy 3-4 every month. Lately I've been eyeing the stack and wondering just how large it can get and what I'm going to do with it. (Most of the patterns are in symbol crochet charts, which I prefer anyway.)

I wish we had that many choices here in the states. It must be nice to have so many to choose from.

The motif is lovely with 7 puff stitches, mine work up to about 4mm in diameter. I can see it working up to a lovely tablecloth, doily, etc.

Michelle in Southern AZ

Demet! What beautiful work! :day

I'm going to add your blog to my favorites along with Krakovianca's. It'll be nice to have the inspiration.

Michelle in Southern AZ

Thank you Michelle, my blog is very new, only 2 moths old:)

Demet

• 1 month later...

I was going to say Krakovianka and DEMET cuz when they post pics of their stuff I am in total AWE of the total beauty!! There are a couple other ladies that do thread and are very good at it too but I cant for the life of me remember their ID's right now.

cant wait to see pics of your things!

Archived