jpr54_

My son and his fiancee will be getting married next June-

I would like to make them a bedspread or tableclothe-

has anyone on crochetville made any of these items-

my skill level is intermediate

joanne r. aka jpr54_

I am making a hexagon shape that has crocheted popcorns in it

I am sure you could make something like this

It is easy enough to carry the little shapes along where ever you go.

I got it from a Lesiure arts book. pinkroses

I agree, if you find a motif you like & suits your skill level, the 'hardest' thing is (1)sticking with it to churn out all the motifs and (2) keeping your gauge the same through the whole project. IMHO squares are easiest to put together There a zillion (OK, a bunch) of free patterns here

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/

Some of the tablecloths may call out tiny thread, you could use size 10 and just make fewer squares.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi jpr54 I cannot suggest anything in thread as it has been many years since I have crocheted using thread. My daughter is getting married in December and I have just statred making her wedding blanket. I have made wedding blankets for all my nieces and many friends. Just last week I completed one for my son's friends - it was white with a motif of two doves enclosed in a heart and the names of the couple and the date of their wedding in gold. It was made using Patons double knitting wool and Twilleys goldust and consisted of 2 stitches sc and a puff stitch. The motifs are worked from graphs. I have just started my daughters. It is white with a sillohette of a bride and groom and the couples names and wedding date will be in silver. Her wedding has a snowflake theme and I got some glittery snowflake buttons on ebay which I will sew on to the brides dress for effect. They work up really quick and so easy!

Hi jpr54 I cannot suggest anything in thread as it has been many years since I have crocheted using thread. My daughter is getting married in December and I have just statred making her wedding blanket. I have made wedding blankets for all my nieces and many friends. Just last week I completed one for my son's friends - it was white with a motif of two doves enclosed in a heart and the names of the couple and the date of their wedding in gold. It was made using Patons double knitting wool and Twilleys goldust and consisted of 2 stitches sc and a puff stitch. The motifs are worked from graphs. I have just started my daughters. It is white with a sillohette of a bride and groom and the couples names and wedding date will be in silver. Her wedding has a snowflake theme and I got some glittery snowflake buttons on ebay which I will sew on to the brides dress for effect. They work up really quick and so easy!

these sound beautiful. Do you have a pattern or the graph for either?

Archived