Burn out with this project

I'm really burned out with this one project. It is a sweater for my friend's dog. I made one and sent it to her a while back. It didn't fit right so now she mailed it back and I have frogged it entirely and have started it over and have it about 25% done. I hate this project! Not only do I hate it and am having a hard time with it, I feel guilty so I'm not doing any other projects either. Grrrr...there's a lot of babies due in the family that need blankets soon and I'm not getting them done. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any hints about getting motivated with this project? I'm using a different pattern this time but I'm still not having much luck. I think it's because I don't have the furbaby here for "fittings" 'cause I'm in Kentucky and she's on the West Coast. I look at the project and I'm afraid it won't fit again. I'm about ready to go buy her a sweater.:eek

Put the project down and back away. The best thing is to pick up another project and work on that for a while.

As for fit, have your friend measure her dog for you. This will also give you some time.

When I find a project is getting to me, I put it down and pick up something else to work on for awhile.

All of us have been where you are, so you are not alone.:hook

Oh, yes. It's why there are bags of UFOs in my closet. I think it's perfectly all right to send a ready-made one so that you have the peace of mind to go on to other things. I now only make things that require no fittings and don't need to be an exact size.

I completely agree with the others. Put it away for now. Do something else; since you have burn-out maybe you might do a couple of real small projects. The sense of completion always feel good, know what I mean? Maybe a baby cap and matching booties, and donate it to the local NICU or set it aside for one of your family's upcoming arrivals.

Hang in there! I burned out fairly badly when it was time to attach the 126 squares for the Babette for my daughter...then again for my son.

I think I'll put it aside for now and make a spiderman rr for a baby that's due later this year. I think that I've put the pressure on myself with this one because my friend hasn't been pushing for it or anything. I was probably working my self up over this more than I needed to. Thanks for the good advice.

Put the project down and back away. The best thing is to pick up another project and work on that for a while.

As for fit, have your friend measure her dog for you. This will also give you some time.

When I find a project is getting to me, I put it down and pick up something else to work on for awhile.

All of us have been where you are, so you are not alone.:hook

Yep I would second that. When you are involved in a project and it's giving you trouble, you can see clearly. Put it away for a while and concentrate on something else. Then with a clearer mind you will be able to go back to it :)

I had the same problem this past March. I was working on a cro-hook afghan for my BIL's March birthday. Then in early March it appeared my DH was going to out of work due to the boss from Hades trying to run him out of his last place of employment. I was so depressed while that was going down that it was all I could do get through work and hold my chin up for my son's sake. I'm just now getting back to it. I apologized and told BIL that it would be ready in time for Christmas. We don't as a rule buy b-day presents for each other anyhow--I had just wanted to make him a ghan, so it was OK with him to wait.

Happy ending on DH's job front: Thankfully he found a better job doing what he loves at the same place I work so now we can carpool in my Honda Civic to beat gas prices--could not have worked out better!

Archived