Econo Pound Yarn

I am currently in the midst of some charity crocheting and have been using the Caron One Pound Yarn and also the Lion Pound of Love Yarn for a couple reasons -

~ Price: I can get them both on sale and when crocheting in bulk it helps to get a break'

~ Color range: I need a lot of different colors and they come in a wide variety and the quantity I need - my project takes just under a pound so it is better to get it all in one skein/die lot

My problem with these are that the Caron isn't inclusive some of the brighter colors I will need and the Pound of Love though it has some of the colors I can't find with Caron Pound yarn splits like mad when crocheting with it! Maddening!:(

My question is do you all have any other brands than this that you use for "econo" yarn and does it come in lots of shades:think ..my next hunt is for Lime Green.:yes

Redheart super saver...great yarn!

Though I certainly love the high-end yarns for a lot of my projects - I find that I return again and again to Red Heart because of color selection and price. :hook

I do a lot of prayer shawls...and this yarn holds up through the washing and drying that these shawls often have to endure at their new homes.

mac+

In the Caron $4.50 a Pound sale I was able to pick up a lot of beautiful pastels also. They've been carrying the most rich looking cream I've ever seen. I paired it up with their palest green, blue, lilac and pink.

I like the colors so much, I reordered them this past week, plus added lace (a tan) and daffodil. I'm hoping that is not too bright for the other colors. If it is, it will just go into another project.

I am currently in the midst of some charity crocheting and have been using the Caron One Pound Yarn and also the Lion Pound of Love Yarn for a couple reasons -

~ Price: I can get them both on sale and when crocheting in bulk it helps to get a break'

I don't have another suggestion, but, wanted to mention that JoAnn's has the caron 1 pounders on sale rt now for just $4.50 each. Thru the 28th (sat).

Sandy

Archived