Mens poncho pattern

pmriekert

Question

I'm looking for a men's poncho pattern -- one that doesn't require sewing the pieces together. I did find two on Lionbrands website--the "crochet oversize poncho" and the "mitered mans poncho" and both need to be sewn. Anyone know of any other patterns around?

Pam

7 answers to this question

I actually did see that pattern. I'm not sure I like the way it falls, but thanks:)! Maybe if I crocheted a simple woman's pattern in a masculine color? I'll have to look around some more and see. Thanks!

Pam

pam.. start your poncho in a rectangle.. when it gets long enough and you want the head slit in.. crocet over how far you want it in .. chain the width of the opening.. and slip stitch the chain in the other side.. then work the back even with the front.. if you want a cowl neck .. once you are finished slip stitch your yarn to the head opening and work in the round til its tall enough .. VOILA!!

I hate sewing stuff together too. That's why I only sew pieces together using slip stitch with the crochet hook. Just thought I would mention it incase you hadn't come accross the slip-stich-sew-together method before :)

Hi - Lionbrandyarn.com has the best poncho I have seen for men....You can find it on their crochet pattern page - scroll down and you will see a picture of the men's poncho....I like it..

Archived