Do U Blog?

Crafty_Mel

well then I have some Q's for you :hook

1. Where do you blog? ( Ie. blogger, my space, live spaces etc.)
  2. Why do you like where your blog is?
  3. What don't you like about it?
  4. Would you recommend a website challenged person to use this? why or why not?

I want to blog in fact I have tried two and well they both seemed to be lacking in something mostly one I did not know how to manipulate my own web page so was limited by the presets and the other only had presets so even if I could figure out how to make my own page that was not an option.

I thank you all in advance for your help

Melanieemrose.gif

1.) WordPress

2.) I LOVE IT!

3.) I don't like that there aren't font/color options unless you copy and paste, and copying and pasting sometimes creates work in editing the format.

4.) I am website challenged, and this was SO EASY! AND there is a board to ask questions, and they get answered VERY quickly~within minutes even!

(((((HUGS))))) sandi

well then I have some Q's for you :hook

1. Where do you blog? ( Ie. blogger, my space, live spaces etc.)
  2. Why do you like where your blog is?
  3. What don't you like about it?
  4. Would you recommend a website challenged person to use this? why or why not?

1. Blogger (http://www.travelingratling.blogspot.com)

2. It's free, it's easy, it has just enough bells and whistles to keep me happy.

3. There have been a few times when posting pictures just doesn't want to work... but most of the time it's great

4. I'd recomend it to just about anyone. I use one of their "standard" templates, but have played with the colors and layout a bit. I've seen others use their own totally new setups and it seems to work well for them too. (I'm a combination of too lazy and happy with what I've got...) Creating a new post there is similar to here, with the buttons and stuff. There are a few little quarks, but for the most part, it's pretty simple and I've had very few problems with it.

I just moved my stuff from Yahoo 360 to blogger. Yahoo was great but they may be shutting down this year or going to some other format and I didn't want to take a chance on losing 3 years worth of entries. A while back they did away with Yahoo Photos and offered to let members transfer photos to Flickr. I like Flickr but free accounts have a lot of limitations on them. I'm thinking that maybe the new blogs may have fees associated with them and I can't be paying for it--dh would have a fit. Guess I've been rambling on here. My vote is for blogger.

• 1 month later...

I have a blog on both 360 and blogger. I like them both but 360 is getting ready to do away with 360 and change it to something else. I like blogger but I am not good at making changes. You have to know how to change you template (background) to something different if you don't want to use one of the templates that blogger offers. I wish they could make it a little more user friendly for people like me who have a hard time with computers.

Archived