Newbie needs HELP!

Guest amyzinnc

Question

Guest amyzinnc

Ok my gramma just taught me how to crochet (and she lives an hour away so I cant just pop in for a refresher course daily!)

I got the basic idea of the stitch, and can do my starter row...but I cannot get the hang of starting row #2! It just looks all jumbled at the end and doesnt make another row going back!? HELP!

Thanks!

Amy :bang

5 answers to this question

Guest amyzinnc

Im almost positive its the single stitch.

Im having a hard time once I finish my starting row...to start row 2. do I leave the hook in the last loop I made, or take my hook out and start fresh for row 2 ??

I "think" thats where my problem is which is why its just coming out into one big knot on top of each other instead of a row (unless Im all screwed up and need some serious help! :blush )

Thanks!

Amy

o.k amy, take a deep breath, you will learn and i will help you alright?:hug after you make your chain, then for a sc you put the hook into the 2nd chain stitch from your hook, put it through both loops, then draw it back to you, then through the 2 loops on your hook. when you come to the end of your row, what you do is, ch 1 or whatever the pattern calls for, and then do a sc in the first stitch . should work alright, just remember, do not leave any of the sc on the hook at the end, just chain 1 and then do another sc. hope that helps. vicki:loco

Archived