Doily rugs?

I have made porch doily rugs...I used macrama thread/yarn in white/green and also made one in vergated red/white/blue and used about 8/10 rows from a doily....turned out great... they washed up fantastic...

I haven't tried it yet, but I have the material & several patterns & I'm going to see what happens. I've got some yarn that would make good rug material, although it isn't marked, so I'm not quite sure what it is. I'm planning to use 2 strands & a PK doily pattern. If it turns out well, I'll do several for the house & even a welcome mat for our front door.

My Aunt made a rug out of a doily pattern once. I loved hers. She gave me the pattern but I have never tried it (my 'decor' is different now, anyway...)

Tina

I have made a few over the years ... have one in my hallway. I also used a couple strands of yarn and worked with a simple, but fancy pattern and they turn out so nice. I love to also make Granny square or retangle rugs too.

LeAnn

Thanks y'all~I can't wait to try something! You've given me the PERFECT encouragement! I was given some yarn that's a white twisted with brown, and it's good and heavy. I was thinking of maybe getting some red for the middle and outside edge? We'll see~I'm EXCITED! Now to find the perfect pattern... (((((HUGS))))) sandi~now watch it be a year 'til I can get to it! LOL!

Archived